Full Moon Fever by Tom Petty | Teen Ink

Full Moon Fever by Tom Petty

February 15, 2014
By CarrieSElam PLATINUM, West Liberty, Kentucky
CarrieSElam PLATINUM, West Liberty, Kentucky
24 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
" When you Grow Up, Your Heart Dies."- Ally Sheedy ( The Breakfast Club, 1985)

“And in the end, we were all just humans.. drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.”

"Groovy Like a Drive In movie"


Tom Petty Is a fiery, free spirited Rock&Roll legend. Seriously, almost everyone has heard his hit single,
"Free Falling," and if they haven't, then they are missing out on one of the greatest songs from the 80's. But, "Free Falling" Is just the beginning. No, literally its just the begging, Its the first track on his first solo album Full Moon Fever.

Petty's voice is soulful, It gives the album the perfect Heartland rock feeling. The album really shows Petty's ability to tell stories while he sings. Which is what draws listeners in, every song has some story behind it. Petty really gets personal with this album, with songs like "Free Falling", "I wont back down" and "Face in the crowd." This shows that Petty is trusting his fans to understanding where he is coming from.

I believe that everyone should own this album, especially singers/songwriters. I mean, Petty is known as one of the best song writers of all time. His lyrics and word play are brilliant.
Even if you aren't going into the music business, you have to hear this album. Its perfect for those who love some classic rock, and for those who just love music in general.

So, if you don't have this album. Please for the love of everything that is good, buy it! I am 99.9% sure that this is going to be one of those alums that you listen to over and over again.