Revolution 9 by The Beatles | Teen Ink

Revolution 9 by The Beatles

By catty98e GOLD, Spring HIll, Kansas
catty98e GOLD, Spring HIll, Kansas

"I'm a freak, I've been a freak my whole life. I just have to live with it, you know. I'm just one of those people. I'm not going to change the way I think or the way I feel to conform to anything."
-John Winston Lennon (1940-1980)

Number nine, number nine, number nine...

At this point, most Beatles fans would be pressing 'skip.' The Beatles song Revolution 9 is seen as a drug-indused, experimental, non-musical track. My friends say it sound like a three year old got a hold of a sound board. My dad says it's not really a song. I see it as something much deeper.

Revolution 9, in my opinion, is a cry from John. He is releasing everything he's held inside himself without using instruments or his own voice.

If you listen to many of the loop tracks played during the song, they are older Beatles songs played backwards and/or sped up. I feel that this represents the whole world of the Beatles being changed around completely.

To be perfectly honest, this song scared me as a young child and still gives me an eerie feeling if I listen to it with headphones and nobody else is around. I have only listened to it all the way through about a year ago.

Despite my short relationship with the song, I will always believe that Revolution 9 is HIGHLY under-rated.

Thanks for reading, rock and roll, allons-y, peace out.

number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine ,number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine...

After listening to Number Nine a few times, I realized how amazing it truly was...