The Balcony by Catfish and the Bottlemen | Teen Ink

The Balcony by Catfish and the Bottlemen

By CarrieSElam PLATINUM, West Liberty, Kentucky
CarrieSElam PLATINUM, West Liberty, Kentucky

" When you Grow Up, Your Heart Dies."- Ally Sheedy ( The Breakfast Club, 1985)

“And in the end, we were all just humans.. drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.”

"Groovy Like a Drive In movie"

To find a band that holds such an unique sound is truly a blessing. To find a band that Has an unique sound and name is the total package.

Yes, Im talking about Catfish and The Bottlemen.

To say the band's Debut album, "The Balcony" is amazing is an understatement.
This Album is a work of art, its gorgeous sound and beautifully written lyrics captivate rock and roll lovers in a way that can only be explained by the goosebumps you feel on your skin when that first guitar riff explodes through your headphones.
Van McCann, the band's front-man, has a voice that's so personal. His lyrics are stories, his music is his way of sharing his stories with the world.

This album is full of amazing stories just waiting to be heard. Some notable tracks on this album are "Cocoon" "Kathleen" "Rango" and my personal favorites "Homesick" and "Fallout"
I recommend you listen to these songs and the the rest on the album ten times, if not more. Honestly, its just that good. You can't get enough. 

This band is such an ispiration to me. As a writer, a music lover and person, they are the real deal.