Vampire Diaries | Teen Ink

Vampire Diaries

By audreykelley BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
audreykelley BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

The series Vampires Diaries is based off a book by L. J. Smith but was brought to life by Kevin Williams and Julie Plec. Vampire Diaries is a supernatural drama/romantic tv series. The series premiered on The CW on September 10, 2009, and ended on March 10, 2017, airing 8 seasons. The show is over 172 episodes. It was one of the most-watched series and the show; received multiple award nominations. The show also won four People's Choice Awards and many Teen Choice Awards.

The Vampire Diaries is such an amazing series, I think its one of the best to come out in this world as of right now anyway. Most people are in love with this series because how realistic it is, well besides the “ Vampires “ of course. Other shows like to sugar coat everything and try to make people think there will always have to be a happy ending. But throughout all 8 seasons of the show, it shows how life really is and how nasty and ruthless it can get. In season 4 one of the main characters whose name is Caroline (Candice King) says, “ Why didn't he go for me? How come all the guys that I want never want me? I'm inappropriate, always saying the wrong things and Elena always says the rights things. She doesn't even try, and he just picks her. And shes always the one everyone picks. For everything. And I try so hard and I'm never the one..” This quote shows people a little of how emotional and realistic it can get. This show can make someone feel all different types of emotions like sad, mad, and happy.

Vampire Diaries has an unbelieve cast. The emotions that they show throughout the show just seems so real. Sometimes with how incredibly good they are with acting in some scenes the audience watching will honestly feel so bad for them. In season 5 episode 22, Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Damon (Ian Somanholder) say their “final goodbyes.” Its one of the saddest thing ever to watch in this series and one of the reasons why Damon has looked like one of the bad guys since the beginning of the show. Which is crazy because he's just been hurt so many times, and people who see this throughout the show with some the flashbacks of him. Damon just didn't want to get hurt again, so he acted like he didn't care, but then he and Elena fall in love. He turns into this great guy he's always wanted to be. Also after everything Elena has been through she finds true happiness with Damon. The stuff they go through together still never leaving each other in end just showed how much they really cared for each other.    

The music they pick for each scene really gets people more into the show. In season 6 episode 13, one of the characters Bonnie (Katerina Graham) used all of her powers. Even with knowing it would kill her, to save her friends and family who she cares about so dearly, so that her friends could all grieve properly. They gave her a “ funeral” the sun starts to go down with snow flowing throughout the sky then “The Day I Tried To Live “ by Soundgarden starts playing making many cry or maybe even just tear up a little. Because throughout the show Bonnie has sacrificed her self more times than I can count. This example shows how much coordination the writers have with the music directors. It makes the show have even more of an intense effect, especially when some action is involved. Overall I think the music just makes me love the show even more.

To conclude Vampire Diaries is one of the best shows to come out in so many different ways. The show is just filled with extravagant things. I would recommend Vampire Diaries to people that love drama, romance, cliffhangers, and violence. If I'm being honest I feel as if anyone would love this show. It had really great reviews and had fans begging for the next season. Sadly the show did come to an end, but it will forever be in my heart. Now go take a look into the world of supernatural and explore the deep secrets of Mystic Falls.