Vampire Diaries | Teen Ink

Vampire Diaries

May 24, 2010
By Julie.3193 SILVER, Stony Brook, New York
Julie.3193 SILVER, Stony Brook, New York
5 articles 0 photos 1 comment

With the recently published book series about vampires falling in love with humans and having the ability to interact in a normal society, a love for these mysterious characters has emerged. A television show that is new to channel 11 is The Vampire Diaries. This show involves two vampire brothers who had fallen for the same girl over one hundred years prior to the present time. This girl turned them against each other; now her exact replica is around except they are nothing like each other. The TV show revolves around the behind-the-scenes scandals that are taking place in the gracious town of Mystique Falls.
The characters that are part of the cast definitely are attracting young audiences. With the six-pack abs and sparkling eyes, it is no surprise that this show captured the attention of many viewers. Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder have a great, on-set, brotherly connection. They crack jokes and push each other's buttons. Nina Dobrev is the main actress who is in love with the big-hearted vampire, but finds her life changing ever so rapidly. With best friends like Katerina Graham, Candice Accola, and Michael Trevino, I'd be shocked if this cast didn't have chemistry off the set.
The thing I find most intriguing about the show is that every episode upheavals a new conflict. Just when everyhting seems to be going okay, something else happens! It's not overly dramatic either, but there is never a boring moment. Between watching the characters go to high school, fight and kill enemies, and try to live a semi-normal life. Every Thursday night you'll be waiting to find out what is going to happen next. Will a new vampire emerge? WIll Damon go back to his old, evil ways? What if Elena finds out about her brother? Watch it once, and I promise you'll be hooked.
I would recommend this TV series to anyone who likes action combined with everyday life. It seems like more girls would like it because of the romance parts, but guys can definitely get into it as well. I especially recommend watching this show for anyone in their high school or early college years, because that is how old all of the actors are. If you have read the wonderful lives of Bella and Edward, you mill most likely become glued to Vampire Diaries.


The author's comments:
I'm the typical Twilight fan who loves following the extraordinary lives of Bella, Edward and Jacob. After I had read all the books, seen the most updated movie, I saw a preview for this TV series. Of course I was going to watch it! I instantly liked it so much!