Full House | Teen Ink

Full House

November 20, 2007
By Anonymous

Sometimes “old” shows can be part of our “new” era. Full House is definitely in. This show goes through the lives of a family who have their “ups” and “downs.” A single-parent dad tries to raise his three daughters with the help of his brother-in-law and a close friend. You can sometimes catch Full House on ABC Family or you can buy the past seasons on DVD at your local store. Full House is a good show to put on your list because of the sticky situations and problems the characters get themselves into, the humorous minds of the characters, and the brilliant writing.
When you think of Full House, the first thing you think of is family. This show is all about a family coming together through their differences. The characters all get into real life situations that the viewers can relate to. Even though there is a lot of laugh-out-loud comedy in this show, Full House has great messages for younger and older audiences.

The Characters in Full House all have different personalities. Let’s start with Danny {Bob Saget}. Danny is a neat-freak and has three daughters, D.J., Stephanie, and Michelle. The three girls try to succeed through life with their single-parent father. When the girl’s mother died, Uncle Jesse {John Stamos} started to help raise them. Then, of course, another close pal, Joey Gladstone, moved in to help as well. This may seem like an unusual “family” but they help each other make it through tough times. Each character knows each others strengths and weaknesses. Since Joey is a comedian in the show, he always knows when to crack a few jokes. The brother-sister arguments show you what a real family is all about.

Since this show is very involved with family, it will always keep you laughing. A lot of the characters have their own quotes they use. Such as Uncle Jesse’s “Have Mercy,” of Michelle’s “You got it dude.” This show isn’t all about the kids though. The parents have their own issues they go through. The overall setting of the show is in San Francisco. You usually see the characters in their own house, but sometimes they will venture around the city.

Full House will relate to a general audience with its real life situations, funny characters, and phrases that will grab your attention. ABC Family should play re-runs more often. Full House is a classic that no one will ever forget.