Fifa 19 | Teen Ink

Fifa 19

February 1, 2019
By Michael2022 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Michael2022 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever wanted to play a game where it feels like you are in the big leagues playing with your favorite players? With Fifa 2019, players are able to play with amazing graphics, and run alongside their favorite guys, just like pros. So today I will be talking about the graphics, the feeling of the game, and some negatives about the game.

   First I will start off talking about a part of this game that makes playing so great: the high definition graphics. The graphics in 2018 were not the best, so when the 2019 version came out I was hoping that it had much better graphics. When I played it for the first time, I was completely blown away. The crowd was the first thing that caught my eye, because it was made up of more than just a group of dots and every person was visible. The next thing that I noticed were the players on the field. One time when I was playing in the basement, my brother came downstairs and asked me what teams were playing. I said, “I am playing!” You should have seen the look on his face when he found out it was a video game and not a broadcasted game on ESPN. The second thing I will talk about is the graphics for each stadium. When the game starts, the screen pans out to a look at the stadium that the game will be played in. It looks just like the real stadium that you would see in person. The field in each stadium looks surreal with the crisp, white lines and clean looking turf. On every different game console there will be different graphics, but all are pretty similar. One thing is for sure: Fifa 2019 is killing it in the graphics game.

   My next topic is the fact that the player is able to feel as if they are at a pro game, but instead, the player is actually the one controlling the team. I say that because when I first played Fifa 2019, the refs really stood out to me; they feel like real refs. The reason I noticed that right away is because when I went up for a slide tackle, the guy fell over with no call. This is a frustrating situation in real life soccer games that wouldn’t be expected in a virtual game. Also, one of my players went in for a header and the ball did not act like a magnet like it seems to in many soccer video games. The ball flew right past the players head, which is a reality of the game of soccer not typically seen in video games. The next thing about this game that is amazing is that all of the players are rated according to their skill level. There are a lot of different aspects to skill level ratings, such as how good each player is in real life and what position they play. I really wanted to talk about player ratings because I feel like this is what makes Fifa 2019. Defensive players have a fast speed and a good pass but not a good strike on the goal, which is to be expected because their job is to defend the goal. Midfielders, either attacking or defensive, have a rating also. As the player would assume, the attacking mids have a higher rated shot and the defensive players have a lower rated shot.

       The last thing I would like to talk about are some not-so-bad negatives about the game. Some negatives actually have positive sides to them. First, it really is a bummer that all of the stadiums are not in the game with their correct team. I live in Minnesota near the amazing new soccer stadium that was built in St. Paul. When I logged onto the game for the first time to play with the Minnesota United Soccer team, their new stadium was not there. I quit the game and tried scrolling through the stadiums and had no luck of finding Alliance Field. It was just a real bummer that my favorite team’s stadium was not there. Also, it can be frustrating that it can take awhile for players to get updated on their new teams if they were traded; however, the game is still following the direction of real-life soccer teams by switching the players to their current teams at some point. It took my player, Darwin Quintero, a whole month to get switched to the MNUFC squad, but I appreciate that the game eventually did so.

   To end my review, I would like to mention that I would rate this game a 9/10, only because it does not have all of my favorite stadiums. I would highly recommend that you go out and buy this game if you are interested in playing soccer on a nearly real-life video game with professional players and incredibly clear graphics.