Review: Grand Theft Auto IV | Teen Ink

Review: Grand Theft Auto IV

May 20, 2009
By Anonymous

Review: Grand Theft Auto IV



GTA IV IS RATED M FOR MATURE (IF YOU ARE UNDER 17 YOU PROBABLY SHOULD NOT GET THIS GAME, WITHOUT PARENTAL PERMISSION)
Brief History About The GTA Series: The first Grand Theft Auto (GTA) game of the series was Grand Theft Auto (1997/1998) (two expansion packs were later released, both under the name of GTA: London). The 4th game in the series was GTA 2 (1999). Then came GTA III (2001), GTA Vice City (2002), GTA: Advance (2004), GTA: San Andreas (2004), GTA: Liberty City Stories (2005) and GTA: Vice City Stories (2006).


The Review: Previous GTA games in the series all have been awesome, according to their time of release; however, GTA IV by far beats all of them. GTA IV is a better than previous GTA games because of the next-gen consoles in which it was released (Xbox 360 and Play Station 3), this makes the picture quality a heck of a lot better. Yet without the High Definition, GTA IV would still be a really good game, starting with the story line. In the story you play the role of Niko Bellic, a fresh immigrant from Europe, who was persuaded by his cousin (with lies) to coming to Liberty City (AKA New York). As Niko you have to earn a living, which involves Niko doing the dirty jobs for “bad people”. Another nice feature about GTA IV is the online capability (I only played on Xbox Live), this gives you the chance to play multiplayer games with your friends or other gamers, games available vary from; street racing, turf wars, free roam among other cool games. Another great feature about GTA IV is the time in which is set, especially since the cars from previous games come back yet in a newer year. Like I said many cars from previous games come back in GTA IV, but there are a couple of new vehicles, one of the nicest addition from my point of view is the Sultan RS, yes it’s like the Sultan from GTA III only that it is a two door tuner, not a sedan. Even though GTA IV is really great I think that only three things could make it much better; 1) cars modding garages (you know personalize your cars), 2) put in airplanes like in GTA SA, 3) and finally upgrade the map so that it could give a more rural area like in GTA SA. Although, overall I believe GTA IV is a really great way to continue the GTA series, so for the creators of the game I only have one thing to say, YOU ROCK!!


Rating: 10 out of 10