Ghost Of Tsushima Review | Teen Ink

Ghost Of Tsushima Review

January 27, 2024
By SV67 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
SV67 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Failure Is not the opposite of success. It is part of success." - Winston Churchill
" A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Lao Tzu


“ The Proud Do Not Endure. The Greatest Of Us Fall In The End.”- Yuriko                             Ghost Of Tsushima is a video game developed by Sucker Punch Productions and released on July 17, 2020. The game’s story centers around the protagonist, Jin, the last of the Sakai clan. His father, the previous lord of Tsushima, was fatally wounded during battle. His father called for Jin to help but Jin cowered in fear and his father was killed. Later on, as an adult, he joined his uncle in an attack to try and slow down the Mongol army. Things quickly spiraled out of control. The army was slaughtered, his uncle was held prisoner and Jin was alone.


Storyline and characters:

Jin’s transformation from an honorable warrior to a feared spirit adds depth to the story and keeps players' attention on his struggles and triumphs throughout. From Jin’s loyal companions to charming allies and terrifying foes, each Ghost of Tsushima gameplay is amazing. Hitoshi Sakai, a samurai determined to liberate Tsushima from Mongol invaders. I like the fact that players have the opportunity to adopt a variety of playstyles. What I also like about this game is that many combat modes make the game interesting and fun. The fact that you can game to your preference and get collectibles during your main quest or side quest is cool.

Visuals and Audio:

I love the attention to detail in the game’s graphics it is breathtaking and aesthetic in its way. The way the weather is like in the game also brings more life to the game. The haunting and beautiful music perfectly complements the game’s setting story. It feels like you’re in the game as a samurai or a ghost character.


I recommend Ghost Of Tsushima as a must-play for players who love action-packed games, open-world samurai culture, or anything that has to do with samurai. With breathtaking landscapes and an immersive storyline, this game will keep you hooked from start to finish because it sure did for me. You can play it on PS4 or PS5. Play this game or else.


The author's comments:

PLAY THIS GAME NERDZ!!!!