The Last Of Us | Teen Ink

The Last Of Us

January 30, 2024
By Azariah-Calloway BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Azariah-Calloway BRONZE, Sacramento, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Last Of Us is a genre of zombie,bloody and story experience that brings together survival and action elements to tell a character's story about a modern pandemic or a disease decimating mankind. Nature encroaches upon civilization forcing everybody who is left to hunt and kill for their food and forcing them to find guns and other necessities. The game was based on the video game franchise developed by Naughty Dog.If you like naughty Dog you love this game it is a action packed full of big fights and creativity.
Detail: The amount of detail they put in this game is amazing. It challenges your brain to make it through certain obstacles whether it is picking up boards around 10 undead or picking up a ladder in the middle of a hoard. This game is the definition of a zombie story game.The creators put in a lot of work to pull in a younger audience. Certain fights are big. The first boss fight you will encounter is a bloater in an abandoned highschool in bill's town. They put a lot of effort and time to make sure that even the first boss battle was challenging to the point where you had to take some time to strategize.The cut scenes between certain parts of the story like when you make it to Ellie's house and she is crying you can really feel her emotion because she lost her parents.The cut scenes they really use a lot of emotion to draw in gamers.I like a challenge when I see the realistic option. I chose it and it was difficult like if you got bit you would die but this is in any difficulty. When it comes to gory bloody nasty undead getting their head blown off and stabbing a knife into their neck in slow motion it really brings a game in this genre into perspective.
Some things I hated was there were not a lot of materials like water food and ammo and scrap parts to gather. The guns I feel they need more of a variety of weapons like a Ar or grenade launcher with minimal ammo maybe as like a player's special ability.These were some things i hated also like the controls for swimming and the controles for going back and forth between the inventory and upgrade menu.Generally the over all detail and graphics were great but I feel they should have added a little bit more sky graphics like a big moon with stars and things of that nature.Lastly I feel they could have made like drivable cars available to find i feel that would have added a whole new dynamic of realism and creativity.
Overall this game is good. The audience of this game would range between 14-25, a very big age range. This game has a presently expanding

The Last Of Us
franchise with even a movie on the game. I give this game a 8.5 out of 10 just because i have not played 2 yet but overall a good game.


The author's comments:

The last of us is a great game don’t die