Red dead redemption 2 review:”you’ll betray me in the end arthur.you seem the type” | Teen Ink

Red dead redemption 2 review:”you’ll betray me in the end arthur.you seem the type”

March 15, 2024
By Crowney802007 BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
Crowney802007 BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Most people who have played video games for years have most likely played one of the most influential games in video game history Gta5.Rockstar being the sole creator of this masterpiece made somehow a even better Game that surpasses new games today,Red dead redemption 2.Red dead 2 was in the development process of 8 years,releasing in the spring of 2018 and surpassed its predecessor development cycle of 5 years.Its predecessor was also a pretty big game,being a success and earning.Red dead gained 400 million in one month while it took red dead 2 just 3 days to earn 725 million.The reason these games raised this much money was because of Rockstar’s good track record and because of its amazing gameplay.The game had many features like random events,side missions,and it’s spectacular story.One of the things you can do is go on dangerous bounty hunter missions ranging from capturing gang members,taking down gang fortresses,and capturing murderers.One t When 1st playing it the prologue had a slow burn which would introduce you to characters from the previous game and new characters.As you push through to chapter 2 that’s when the game really glows.You play as the character Arthur morgan,a enforcer of the gang your in as you take care of your fellow members.The game had pretty good pacing and storytelling throughout as the story slowly becomes more depressing as characters die.The epilogue picks up the pace again of being a epic wild west story still with the same content the main story had.These things can include special events with gang members who want to rob you,others,or just kill you.As you progress the main story and attack a gang called the O'driscolls more frequently you are most likely to be jumped by huge numbers as you stroll on our horse.there are over hundreds of events that transpire in this game so as you free roam or go to your next mission you won't get too bored.More of these encounters can be stopping prison escort attacks,escorting people to their homes,and even helping others with jobs.But you don't wanna be carried away with these special encounters as they can affect your honor.for example things like robbing or just killing can affect your honor bar negatively which you need for the good ending in the gaming as it also affects how your character acts,truly making him a brutal and merciless criminal.Helping people out and overall just being kind makes it so you can get the best ending the good ending,in game discounts for items,and makes your character a more honorable but still a very dangerous criminal.Though if you don't want to have a good ending and just be a truly dangerous criminal you can either save your game or wait until the epilogue where it doesn't matter as much.Thought to be honest having negative honor just gives you more options since you are a criminal.Another thing that is a big factor in the game is the beautiful map that your travel on.The map is pretty much a 1900’s usa with swamps,prairies,grasslands,mountains,tundra,and deserts which makes the game really explorable.The desert and tundra areas aren't really as used in the main story but one of the best missions in the game makes the tundra stand out.These reasons are truly why Red dead redemption 2 is a true masterpiece.


The author's comments:

Red dead redemption 2 is one of my most favorite games