Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 | Teen Ink

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

By Anonymous

"Attack Langermarkt! Enemy on left flank! Get a sniper over here!" Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is a tactical first-person shooter game. The developer is Tripwire Interactive and its publishers are Bold Games and Steam. It uses Unreal Engine 2.5 and it is for Windows. Red Orchestra is the most realistic WWII multiplayer combat game currently on PC. There are no "crosshairs" for the player to use. Instead, players aim by using a 3-D iron sights or by simply just shoot using the game's free-aim system. Also, the players must keep track of their ammo by looking at the bottom left comer. The player's health status is not represented by health points like many games but rather by a diagram of the player's body. When a part is reddened, the player has been shot and wounded. Vehicles are also a feature of the game where the player can use them as one of the crew members.

The most comprehensive gaming site on the Web, Gamespy, gave Red Orchestra 4/5 stars and said, "...RO is also one of the market's most unique new shooters." Computer Gaming World says, "Tripwire's attention to accessible realism is unrivaled." PC Powerplays states that, "Red Orchestra offers exactly the right mixture of action and realism." In addition, Red Orchestra was awarded "Best Multiplayer Game for 2006" at the Voodoo extreme.

I personally love Red Orchestra because of its amazing graphics, awesome sound effects, and the fact that nothing is made up! I've played other combat games and they are not even close to how real RO is. For example, in RO, tanks have more reasonable armor features, such as penetration and deflecting other tank attacks. There is so much intensity in the game! It is AWESOME. You feel like you're actually at war.

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-47 is a game you definitely don't want to miss. It'll add a kick to your ordinary video game lives. As I've mentioned before, it has awesome graphics and sound effects. Anyways, you'll be too busy trying to not get your head shot off to think about all that. Have fun!