The Orange Box | Teen Ink

The Orange Box

February 17, 2009
By Robert Griffiths SILVER, Glendale, Arizona
Robert Griffiths SILVER, Glendale, Arizona
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

This game compiles 5 hot games together to create a deal no gainer can refuse. The orange box contains the entire Half Life series. This series is one of the biggest hits when it came out on the PC in November 2004. The games engine took 40 million dollars to create and would end up selling over 6.5 million copies. The game would be the 2 most played game of all time. Half-Life won 35 game of year awards surpassing all other games. The game offers a variety of weapons to destroy your enemies. But the most unique weapon in the game is the gravity gun. This gun is used to grab objects and throw them, to catch enemy bullet fire and throw back at them, or even to move the ground itself. The physics in this game is what the game is based around. Most of the puzzles in the game are based upon using physics as to moving crates to make a stairway or to even place bricks upon on a board to make a ramp to jump across. The game also has brilliant voice acting and a story that will put you directly into the action to make you feel just like Gordon Freeman. The action in the game never takes a break and when you least expect something will go wrong. But Hal-Life is not the only game in the box. Portal is a great puzzle game that will keep you thinking of creative ideas to figure out the puzzle. The game offers over 10 levels of challenging puzzles and a race against the clock. Team Fortress 2 is the multiplayer part of the game which can be great fun and very enjoyable. The game has a variety of weapon class ranging from a spy to a heavy gunner to a medic. Though whatever class choice you choose you will surely have fun playing as your discover the strengths and weaknesses of each class.