The escape | Teen Ink

The escape

January 31, 2023
By TickTack BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado
TickTack BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen when my best friend punched the wizard in the face. Sorry, let me backup  my name is Esther and I'm part of a group full of super kids (literally) . We all have super powers! My friends Alex, Sam and Amanda are also super kids. We have this annoying instructor who has the most annoying catchphrase “Why should I care?” The instructor told us that today we would find out our powers and Alex did not like what the instructor who mind you is a wizard had to say about his  power. “Well that is that the most annoying kid has the most annoying power, invisibility. Why what does the power matter if you are so silent anyways! I'm glad I won't have to tolerate your presence anymore!” Just then Alex disappeared and well the rest is history. When Alex punched the wizard Sam went for the pillows so we won't kill him. Then Amanda got startled and the building caught on fire. My friends and I grabbed valubles ad raced out the door forgetting this training center was in the middle of space. “Now…..What?” Sam said barling breathing, holding the unconscious wizard. “Well we can't go back, who knows what they will do!” “So we grab some water and food then we meet up back here at 5.” I commanded “Ok” They all responded “Sam you get a car! Sense your power is speed you can get in and out fast!” “Got it!” and in a puff of smoke he was gone. “Alex you get the food, it's heavily guarded in the cafe so turn invisible!” “Great” he mumbled “I get to despair from the world agean!” “Please just hurry!” “Fine” he said then disappeared. “Ok i will get the water! Amanda, can you stay here and wait for the others!” “Ok” Great, I will be right back!” So in case you didn't know my power is to control water , you can imagine that Amanda and I found out our powers are  pretty distant. I got a few empty jugs from the storage room and started filling it with water when a  came out of nowhere and pointed his lazer at me. I barely escaped and we were all there. We sprinted into the car and went back to the world. After months of searching we found a nice lady who took us in and cared for us. I thought I could finally live in peace.


The author's comments:

This piece is fun and involves superpowers.