True Love's KIss | Teen Ink

True Love's KIss

By JTWalker BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
JTWalker BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

The girl I saw in the woods is in a big, dark, black tower. I have to find her; I will find her if it’s the last thing that I do... Finally, I reached the tower. It’s a lot bigger than I thought, but that won’t stop me! There are monsters on every level and bosses at the end. I’ve only got to the 5th floor, but at the top of it is my greatest enemy. His name is “COAL” for taking her away from me. I’m going to protect her, and I’ll be a hero- no longer the small-for-nothing boy that is scared of people and not good at anything. I want to be a hero. I will be a hero, and  I WILL SAVE THE GIRL I LOVE!!!

10 hours later. Last level and enemy level. I open the big boss door, and I see her curled up in a ball like she is about to cry herself to sleep. I go over to her and say, “It’s okay.  I’ve come to rescue you.”

“You must be Sir Jacksonight,” she says.  “I’ve heard about when Coal was talking to another villain.”

“Just stay here! I will destroy him, and I will bring you back to your kingdom.” I march on, and I see he heard what we said.

“How pleasant! I heard you were coming, but you are too late! I put a poison drink on her tray, and if she drinks it, she will fall into a slumber, and you can’t stop it!” he says. 

I hear a slurp. “NO!” I yell. “Don’t drink... it!” It was too late, just like he said, but I hear a whisper in my ear.

“A true love’s kiss will break the spell.”

“Who said that?” I say. 

“Who said what?” Coal laughed. 

“Nothing, never mind.  Let’s fight!” I yell. I throw out my sword to fight, but it’s not fair because he has seven swords. This battle is going to be intense.

The battle starts...