The final break. | Teen Ink

The final break.

By babybee BRONZE, Port Perry, Other
babybee BRONZE, Port Perry, Other

Whoever said that anything in life is possible, obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

I was watching the snowflakes falling from the sky, covering the ground with their perfect whiteness. Watching them fall took me back to the night that he broke up with me. It was exactly like this. The snow falling, giving the outside world a sense of calmness and serenity.
We were sitting on the couch, staring out into the night. We weren’t saying anything. That seemed to happen a lot these days, neither of us having anything to say to each other.
I was trapped in my own world, a world where everything was perfect. The snow seemed mesmerizing to me, almost like I was trapped in the way it was falling, so freely, like it didn’t have a care in the world about where it was going to land, or who was going to step on it. Unlike me, who worried about that everyday of my life.
Just as I was about to tell him the snow looked beautiful, he told me we needed to breakup.
I stared at him for a minute, confused. “W-what?” I asked him, not sure that I was hearing him properly.
“We need to break up,” he said, not looking at me but instead staring out at the snow.
“Why?” Was all I could think to say back to him.
“Because this relationship isn’t going anywhere,” He looked at me then and said the one thing that would break me in half. “Also, because I’ve fooled around with Lisa,” He tried to reach for my hand but I jumped of the couch, away from him.
“Don’t touch me,” Was all I said as I gathered his coat from the coat rack and his keys from the shelf. “Take these and leave,” When he just stared at me, I pointed at the front door with a shaking finger. “You need to leave. Now.”
He put on his coat and shoes, but as he was about to leave he looked at me and said, “I’m sorry for what I did. I love you Jasmine, I always will.”
“No. You never loved me Jake. Never. So don’t give me that bulls***, I want you out of my life forever. I never want to hear from you again,” With that, I pushed him out the door and locked it.
Leaning my back against the door, I slowly slid to the ground and let the tears finally fall.