Incinerate | Teen Ink

Incinerate

February 2, 2013
By embrown145 SILVER, Greenwich, Connecticut
embrown145 SILVER, Greenwich, Connecticut
9 articles 4 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Every sinner has a future and every saint has a past


I felt the heart stopping shaking that rattled the frame of my bed. It was finally here. The scientist had been right, all the warning signs had come in the past few years but the people had ignored it. They didn’t want to believe it could happen in their lifetime. But I knew it was coming. I was the reason it was coming.

I knew this day would come, the day of there arrival to take me. I had been running for as long as I could remember. I had lived with so many different people, and in so many different places. The only thing protecting me was being hidden. Draco had warned me of that, the fact that I would never be able to be a normal human boy. I hadn’t realized how literally he meant it. The night I had been kidnapped they had injected and experimented on me for days at a time. They had turned me into a creature that shouldn’t exist, not even in your worst nightmare. Draco had found me and trained me to stay in my human form and to gain control over the monster inside of me. He is the only reason I am still alive.
I sprung up from the bed and slipped my guns into my belt. I kicked up the front door with my left foot and ran out into the night. The ground was shaking so violently I could barley walk, and it was so cold I see my breath in front of me. I had trained for this night my whole life, but the only thing on my mind was girl I would be leaving behind. The dreading fear of never seeing her face or never feeling her lips on mine again some how managed to direct my feet toward her house.
I jumped up onto her open windowsill. She was sitting up in her bed wide-awake with her hair blowing behind her from the wind. “Oh Jay I thought you’d never come,” she called to me. My body went through the motions of going to her while my mind was telling me I needed to get out of here. I felt the weight of her body press into mine and her arms wrap around me. She leaned in and kissed me. Her mouth melted onto mine as a burning passion crawled up my body. There was a loud crash outside the window that jolted me out of our embrace. My mind was screaming for me to go and fight, while every muscle in my body was telling me to stay here with her forever. I looked into her eyes knowing what I had to do. Her eyes turned from the deep sea blue to a burning red that I had only seen once before; looking in the mirror. I screamed in horror as I watched the only person I had ever love turn into the monster that I despised most; myself.