THE GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES AND THE YOUTH INITIATIVE BY ABDUL HADI | Teen Ink

THE GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES AND THE YOUTH INITIATIVE BY ABDUL HADI

January 26, 2022
By Abdul_Hadi_4730 BRONZE, Sargodha, Other
Abdul_Hadi_4730 BRONZE, Sargodha, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"An army of sheep led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a sheep."
- Alexander the great
"You can only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
- Mae west


ACCORDING TO BERRY COMMONER:

 ‘’POLLUTION IS THE DISEASE THAT CANNOT BE CURED, IT CAN ONLY BE PREVENTED’’

In this era of global industrialization and modern inventions, the world is moving towards a new era of CHANGE. The skyscrapers and an unstoppable increase in the leading nations’ economy. These are the factors that are leading us to a materialistic though unrealistic and polluted world. The nations are having a growth war. Which is taking us to the place where we will have sources but no land, no air and no water ‘’CLEANED’’……..thus it is very important to discuss this blistering topic THE GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES AND THE YOUTH INITIATIVES.

In the wide perspective the global environment is being polluted since the industrial revolution that not only came in Europe but also it in its colonies that where spread in the entire world….BUT the actual spark came when a major part of world went into the race of technology, warfare, space and spreading their arsenals to become the lords, either in their regions or in the entire world.

With the passage of time it was felt that the race of becoming LORD in any field has vanished the importance of environment, nature and other living beings. The development of nuclear technology, industries and the automobiles that where first appeared a blessing, but later the real havoc of these things appeared. The development of nuclear technology transformed the world into a global arsenal of few nations, the spread of industries and a global outrage of vehicles were the prime factors.

Considering the spread of industries, the removal of wood lands and natural habitats of the animals is a major issue. According to tree foundation.org half of the forests that originally covered 48 percent of the Earth's land surface are gone. Only one-fifth of the Earth's original forests remain pristine and undisturbed. The forest is the habitat of many living being, the decline of forest and the decline of the animal’s life goes hand in hand. Now the present world is unable to see the Tasmanian wolf, kangaroo rats, northern white rhinoceros etc. this clearing of forest land not only caused soil erosion but also caused the silting of water lands. This not only destroyed the natural home of water life but also reduced the soil fertility and its holding capacity. This industrial revolution is although beneficial but in the same time disastrous for environment

THE nuclear weaponry, a venomous cobra in the arsenal of war giants. This technology is being evolving with the passage of time. The nuclear weaponry or the nuclear technology (for peace) both are equal disastrous for the environment.  The drinking water for 49 million Americans could be at risk of radioactive contamination from a leak or accident at a local nuclear power plant, according to a new study released today by Environment America Research & Policy Center. In  the nuclear tests, a detonated nuclear bomb produces a fireball, shockwaves and intense radiation. A mushroom cloud forms from vaporized debris and disperses radioactive particles that fall to earth contaminating air, soil, water and the food supply. According to John F Kennedy:

   ''THE NUCLEAR WEAPONS MUST BE ABOLISHED BEFORE THEY ABOLISH US ''.

 

The nuclear energy is so far been controlled but more control is required. This is not only important for the stability of power but also for the environment. The world leader have agreed many time for not proliferating further in this field still. But still the nuclear test are being conducted on the cost of environment, climate and nations economy. Just for the sake of regions power.

American president Truman named it the RAIN OF RUIN….

Considering industrial developments, the release of waste and smoke for the factories, is another root cause of environmental contamination. The smoke form industries include nitrogen dioxide, sulphur dioxide, carbon monoxide and lead. These all gases along with water return to the ground as acid rain. They might fall thousands of kilometers away from their source. These gases are not only adversely affecting the ground but also the air. They are a root cause of SMOG. According to AL JAZEERA the air quality index of Lahore is the worst in the world.

Taking the automobile exhaust into account, they are the cause of burned lead in the atmosphere, the nitrogenous oxides and sulphates. The use of lead compounds is fairly reduced but in some countries it is still the mighty cause….

THE YOUTH INITIATIVE…..  

The youth…the backbone of every country. Environmental pollution and its consequence are faced by all the countries. The potential of young blood can be used to sort this matter in the wide benefit of the world. The rise of the voice can be heard if it comes through the youth of a country.

The role of youth must not be seen in a compact area rather it is a very diverse role. The youth, back in their countries and areas, can spread awareness. This awareness is not confined to showing play cards or conducting walks. Although it must be taken in a wide perspective. This awareness must arise from education, from the social media platforms, from the youth parliaments, from the practical approaches. These practical approaches involves the campaign for reducing the use of plastic bags, reducing the use of leaded petrol, promoting the use of catalytic converters in the automobiles. Involving world communities in this initiative will spread the youth’s voice around the globe more effectively.  Youth involvement in the advancement of technology and smartphone app development is also beneficial for air quality management. Different youth NGOs are working in this regard. A youth NGO working to make island of Bali plastic bag free with a unique name ''BYE BYE PLASTIC BAGS’’.

The youth must take part in the TREE plantation campaigns to restore wood lands. The plantation and maintenance of wood areas is a root work to be done for protection of this environment.Today we shall stand up for the cause of our home….the Earth…tomorrow we will see our home clean. So,

               “BE THE PART OF SOLUTION NOT THE PART OF POLLUTION”.


The author's comments:

THE GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUE IS A HOT TOPIC BEING DISCUSSED AROUND THE WORLD. CONSIDERING THE ROLE OF YOUTH IS VERY IMPORTANT BECAUSE THE YOUTH IS THE REAL POWER. IT CAN PLAY A SIGNIFICANT ROLE IN RAISING AWARENESS AND FINDING SOLUTION FOR THE GLOBAL CAUSE.