Humans | Teen Ink

Humans

By Literature_Darling GOLD, Warrenton, Virginia
Literature_Darling GOLD, Warrenton, Virginia

"To live is the rarest thing of all. Most people exsist and that is all." ~Oscar Wilde
"I am a writer quite by accident, the way one my fall and rip a hole in their jeans." ~Blogger H. B. Sachs

Looking back is always hard, because when we look back there is no hiding the truth. The things that were shoved under the rug in an attempt to justify the act, or to rectify the past, are drawn into the light. We fall on scarred hands, searching for the past we thought we knew. Sifting through the ashes looking for the person we thought we were. Yet, in looking for a truth we believed existed, we are bombarded with a fact; that we are, indeed, masters of deception. We deceive and we delude ourselves into remembering a past made of false memories and white lies, in an attempt to conceal the truth that we do not want to face. That nothing was ever okay. That nothing will ever be okay.

Once we accept the fact that the glittering Oz that we present ourselves to be is only hiding the sad and lost person behind the curtain, we can move beyond. After all, we are all masks made of sugar, painted happy colors of yellow and pink. But once the rain starts to fall, the picnic is over. Our masks melt, leaving only the sticky residue and tear stained faces. We are all perfectly flawed pasts stitched together with false hopes and good intentions. We are all human; flawed to the core, perfectly unique, broken-down cars on abandoned highways.

DifferentTeen PLATINUM, Seaford, Delaware

"There’s no such thing as true love, just spurts of insanity—falling over and over again, thinking that won’t happen to me"

I love the wording in this! Very quotable! I hate liars, and there's a couple of people I know who should really read this and stop pretending to be so perfect! Thanks for sharing this piece, keep writing!

dagnytaggart said...
This was very insightful and deep. I think everyone knows inside that what you wrote is true, but few give it any real thought or admit it. Kudos for not being afraid to face reality, and put it into words! 

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

It was ok. The imagery could have been stronger, and it lacked a maturity I think needed for generalizing the human race. But overall it was good. I see where you were going, I just don't think it was quite there yet

holly1999 GOLD said...
holly1999 GOLD, Middlesbrough, Other

'There was no need to clarify my finger snap, the implication was clear in the snap itself' - Magnus Bane

I really liked his. It was very well written, my only advice  would be to have more short sentences in the first paragraph, as some of them were a little long, but apart from that I thought it was brilliant.