Football: Why It's Better Than Soccer | Teen Ink

Football: Why It's Better Than Soccer

April 11, 2024
By faqzs BRONZE, Oregon City, Oregon
faqzs BRONZE, Oregon City, Oregon
2 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Are you a soccer fan who has never watched football and still thinks it’s bad? Are you someone who loves soccer but has never played football? Football is so much better than soccer because it’s entertaining, soccer is boring, and the Super Bowl.

Football is entertaining because it is fast-paced. The wide receivers are trying to outrun the defenders, and the defensive linemen are trying to get past the offensive linemen to get to the quarterback, trying to find a wide receiver to throw to.

Football is entertaining because there are lots of points being scored. Unlike a goal in soccer, there is the endzone in football. You get six points if you get into the endzone with the ball in your hands, called a touchdown. After a touchdown, you get a chance to get a field goal, which gives you one extra point. You get three points if you go for a field goal without a touchdown before that. 

Football is entertaining because there aren’t too many strict rules. The only strict rules are jumping the start on offense, which is called a false start, which results in a five-yard penalty, and holding another player, which results in a five-yard penalty. 

Another reason why football is better than soccer is because soccer is flat-out boring. It’s slow-paced, because there is usually only one person defending the person with the ball, and there’s too much passing in soccer for me to enjoy it. 

Soccer is boring because the rules are too strict. An example of strict rules is the offside rule, which makes no sense. Another example of the rules being too strict is tackling, It doesn’t make sense to me that you get penalized for bringing someone down to get the ball. Soccer is boring because there are little to no points. Soccer always has many turnovers, which makes it boring and means no points are being scored. 

Another reason why football is better than soccer is the Super Bowl. If you ever go to the Super Bowl, passionate fanbases will scream when something good (or bad) happens to their team. 

Another reason the Super Bowl is also better than soccer is because it is the two best teams battling for the championship, making it the most exciting event in all of football. 

The Super Bowl is better than soccer because the environment is great if you go to a watch party or the actual Super Bowl. All the fans are excited to get the game going and hopefully win the Super Bowl, and you have the players on the biggest stage in all of football playing their absolute best. While it is true that people may think football is too violent, football is very safe. They use helmets and pads, prioritize safety, care about health, and there aren’t too many injuries. All in all, football is so much better than soccer because soccer is boring, football is exciting, and the Super Bowl. Football fans, imagine if every soccer fan watched one game of football. Football would be even more popular. If you’re a soccer fan, try watching a football game 


The author's comments:

This is why I think football is better than soccer.