David Wagner | Teen Ink

David Wagner

By simeonlakic BRONZE, Delafield, Wisconsin
simeonlakic BRONZE, Delafield, Wisconsin

I remember walking into Mr. Wagner's eighth grade Merton intermediate science class and the first thing I saw was a poster from Star Wars that said “It's a trap!” Mr. Wagner would always end up talking about that sign everyday for the rest of the year because it meant so much to him. The first day we were going over attendance and I will never forget how he said my last name perfectly. In all of my years at school not one teacher knew how to say it and when he did it left me in complete shock. I always heard great things about Mr. Wagner from past students, and I just knew this would be a great eighth grade year. 

Mr. Wagner was an extraordinary teacher at Merton Intermediate School and I loved that about him. He loved teaching science and always found excitement in what he was teaching. I have never seen another teacher be that dedicated to making sure their students had a fun time learning about science or any other subject.

I would always remember how he could be serious at times and also make the class so fascinating. He would always have a great mood and a smile that I'll never forget. He treated his students like they were his own kids and taught us great life skills and values. Some of the stuff that he taught us was to never make bad decisions and always think about the decision you're making. He also would teach us how to respect each other in the classroom and that would help everyone with life skills too. Even though I only had him for one year he made a great impact in my life—from teaching me interesting things about science to how to be a great person in life and always treat others with respect. 

Mr. Wagner is the motivator, humorous, energetic and dedicated person I strive to be like one day. Every time I walked into that classroom it felt like I was stepping into a whole new world and it was something that I'll never forget. 

Thank you, Mr. Wagner, for helping me through my troubles with understanding science and teaching me great life lessons. Thank you for making your class as interesting as it could be and always making my day brighter. I am forever grateful for the time I got to be your student and experience the meaningful and understanding ways of science. Mr. Wagner, you are someone I'll never forget how; you impacted my future and taught me to become a better man and learn great life lessons.

I will always remember that our prefrontal cortex does not develop till we are 25 years old and all of the records you would play every week. Thank you, Mr. Wagner.

I am a student at Arrowhead high school and wrote this about my middle school teacher for teacher of the month