Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

March 23, 2016
By o.brinker BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware
o.brinker BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments

     For my Educator of the Year, I nominate my 8th grade English teacher, Vicki Simon from Skyline Middle School. I chose Mrs. Simon for many reasons; she is a great teacher, a great person, and she taught us to care.
     There are many reasons that I choose Mrs. Simon, but the most important is that she is an amazing teacher. Mrs. Simon always taught us about relevant issues that we could write about or discuss. As long as we were on topic, and completing the assignment, we were free to talk and help each other. Her lessons were always fun and made all of us eager to learn more, while still challenging us. There are many other reasons why I think Mrs. Simon was a great teacher for me, but these are among the most memorable parts of her class.
     Another great attribute of Mrs. Simon is that she is a great person. Mrs. Simon is the nicest teacher I have ever had. She is very outgoing and is eager to help anyone, even if they were not in her class! She would listen to anything that anyone had to say, and help them in any way she could.  These are the reasons I think Mrs. Simon is a great person.
     Last but not least, the final reason that Mrs. Simon is my Educator of the Year, is that she taught everyone she had to care about their education. Whether we knew it or not, Mrs. Simon was telling us how valuable our education was for the future. Her class inspired me to do the best I could in school. She made everyone want a bright future, and to get that, we needed a good paying job. This is the final reason why Mrs. Simon is my Educator of the Year.
     If you spent a day in Mrs. Simon’s class, you too would think that she is an amazing teacher. As I said before, she is an amazing teacher, a great person, and she inspired me. She is my nomination for Teen Ink’s Educator of the Year.