School Counselor, Bonnie Farmer | Teen Ink

School Counselor, Bonnie Farmer MAG

Manypeople have made a difference in my life. But one person helped me with myproblems when I needed it the most and had no one else to talk to. I am talkingabout my school counselor, Bonnie Farmer.

About a year ago, I was havinga hard time dealing with life and was unable to come to terms with who I reallywas. It was a rough time with my family and I was battling a serious form ofdepression. My doctor put me on medication, but what I really needed was to talkto someone. When I tried, though, there was no one I could talk to who understoodmy problems. I felt ashamed and embarrassed.

One day, while working inthe school office, I witnessed how well Mrs. Farmer calmed another student. Idecided to take the risk and talk to her about what was going on in my life. Iwas very nervous, but I took the first step to recovery and talked to someoneabout my true feelings. To my surprise, Mrs. Farmer knew exactly what I was goingthrough and gave me the advice I needed to hear. She even got in touch with thosewhom I needed attention from the most, my family. With many counseling sessionsand the support and encouraging words, Mrs. Farmer helped me get on the rightpath.

After talking with her, my grades began to recover, and my dietimproved, too. I started to look at life with a more positive attitude, and livemy life to the fullest. I was also able to get off the medication; it is a yearthat I have been without it. Mrs. Farmer taught me how to get along with others,including my parents, but most of all, she taught me how to respect myself. Ithink that is the most important thing - to come to terms with myself.

Ibelieve there are angels in disguise who will walk in and out of your life. Thesepeople can truly be called heroes, and Mrs. Farmer is definitely my hero. I justhope that other students realize she is there. I know she will help many otherswhile she's at my school. I am glad she took the time to talk with me about myproblems - I am a better person because of her.

123332 said...
inspiring, and nice to hear. well written, more detail and drama mightve been good, but overall nice job. you dont have to asnwer if u dont want to, but are u gay? or bisexual?