My Cousin | Teen Ink

My Cousin

By jennifer johnston BRONZE, Shepersdville, Kentucky
jennifer johnston BRONZE, Shepersdville, Kentucky

The person that I am doing this interview on is my cousin and one of my best friends Kellie. Kellie a junior at Indiana University. She grew up in Jeffersonville Indiana. She is now and proud to be 21 years old. She is one of the most important and interesting people that I know.

1. Do you like college?
“Yes.”

2. Have you played any sports?

“Soccer, Basketball, Cheerleading, Volleyball, and Dance.”

3. Which sport did you like or achieve the most in?
“Dance, because I’m a girly girl who loves to dance and being on stage.”

4. What are you going to be when you get out of college?
“I am hopefully going to be back to school to become a Physical Therapist.”

5. What made you want to become a Physical Therapist?
“I had a bad ankle injury which caused me to have lots of physical therapy. Being at the clinic and seeing what they do, made me want to do it. I had also wanted something that help people and something that was in the medical field. However I don’t have the heart to be a doctor (too much school) and I didn’t want to be a nurse.”

6. How many more years of school do you have left?

“Proximately four more years.”

7. Is college stressful? If so, how do you deal with it?
“Yes!!!! It is very stressful. The way that I deal with the stress I guess is just by taking it one day at a time. I mean I get stressed a lot but at times I use it to my advantage to get things done. In all reality, I work best under pressure.”

8. Do you have a job? If so how do you juggle a job and school?
“I don’t have a job because I take to many credit hours and with my course load I just know my grades would be lower. That’s why I work as much as I can in the summer so I don’t have to work during the school year.”

9. Where do you work in the summer?

“I work at George Pfau Sons Company.”

10. What does George Pfau Sons Company do and does it help

with your major?

“George Pfau Sons Company works with animal fats to create refined oils. It’s chemistry a lab that I work in. The field I am studying is a lost of science and it doesn’t not directly have to do with what I want to do. I am hoping that it will look good on my resume. I also make’s my chemistry lab classes easier.”

11. What do you do in your free time?

“I catch up on some sleep, Hang out with family and friends, I like to go shopping, and I love to go to the lake.”

12. Do you help out in the community in anyway?

“Yes, I am an active member of my church. I also work with a program through my school that works with disabled children. Technically it’s through school, but I would definably say it’s helping in the community.”

13. Do you have any advice to help me through high school and College?

“Study hard. I would say live life to the fullest in high school because believe it or not there are times where I wish I could go back. Then try not sweat the small stuff because in the end those things most likely won’t make a difference. Lastly, pick good friends. When you pick friends that are a lot like you and are like the type of people you want to be. They will help succeed and be some of the best support systems. If you choose bad friends or people that make decisions that you ultimately know that deep down you don’t want to make they will take you down so quickly with them, It’s not even funny.”