Triple C | Teen Ink

Triple C

October 14, 2008
By Anonymous

Triple C a.k.a. Courtney C. C., dares to be different. She’s not afraid to be who she wants to be, and she doesn’t care what others think about her. Prepare to read about one of the most interesting and amazing people I know.

When and where were you born?
I was born at home on January 29, 1993 in Blaine, MN. My mom, Dee, delivered me all by herself.


Where all have you lived?
I’ve only lived in two places, Blain, MN, and Elkton, SD. I lived in Blaine for 13 years.


What school did you used to go to?
I went to Jefferson Elementary in Blaine, Northdale Middle in Coon Rapids, and then here in Elkton.


How do you like this school?
It’s a big change when compared to bigger schools, but I love Elkton now.


What all do you miss about your old school(s)?
I miss my friends mostly. And also that it was easier to get away with things in big schools.


When did you start to become the person that you are today?
In 7th grade I was “gothy” and then I pretty much changed from there.


What influenced you to be this way?
My friends, especially Kritty, helped me to become who I am today.


Are there any things that you would change if you could?
I’ve been in trouble with the cops, and I’d love to change that if I could.


Do you have any brothers or sisters?
I have 3 step brothers (Russell, Derek, and Chris Lair), 1 step sister (Shannon Lair), 2 half brothers (Adam Cropper and Dan Vanhorn), 1 half sister (Darcy Arndt), 1 sister in law (Krista Cropper) and 1 brother in law (Jeff Arndt).


Who do you like staying with better? Why?
I like staying with my dad better because there’s more to do. Plus, I like to hang out with my step brothers.


Are you afraid of being different?

I’m not afraid because it’s who I am.


What makes you want to be this way?
It’s my personality. I don’t want to blend in.


What are some of the challenges you face here?
People staring, and lots of questions about why I dress the way I do, and why my hair is the way it is.


What sort of things do you like to do?
I like to party, chill with friends, and go to shows.


What activities are you in?
I’m in Oral Interp, FCCLA, and the school play.


What are your plans for the future?
To move out. And then I want to do something in the fashion industry and hopefully start my own beauty salon someday.



Who do you look up to?
My friends in general, but mostly Kritty.


Do you have any role models? Who? Why?
Madonna because she is a pop icon, Audrey Kitching because she has a great sense of style, and Bring Me the Horizon because their music is amazing.


Do people call you names?
Yes. Goth. Freak. Ugly.


How did they make you feel?
It used to bother me, but now I just brush it off.


Who has really made you feel welcomed here? Why?
Stephanie Wilkinson and Emily Vaske. They included me right away.


What are some of your favorite memories?
Going to Warped Tour, driving, and going on trips to different places like Texas and Florida


Your least favorite?
Most of 7th grade, and there were some weird problems with my mom.


What type(s) of music do you listen to?

Hardcore, Indie, Acoustic, and Electro mostly.


Who are some of your favorite bands?
Bring Me the Horizon, NeverShoutNever, Handshakes and Highfives, Write This Down, All Time Low, and Here Lies the Traitor.


Do you like being here?

Yeah. I’ve made the best friends that I’ve ever had.

The author's comments:
Don't be afraid to be yourself. If you're different, then show it! Don't try to hide who you are, and don't let anyone try to change you.