Faded Pictures of Relatives I never met | Teen Ink

Faded Pictures of Relatives I never met

By CarrieSElam PLATINUM, West Liberty, Kentucky
CarrieSElam PLATINUM, West Liberty, Kentucky

" When you Grow Up, Your Heart Dies."- Ally Sheedy ( The Breakfast Club, 1985)

“And in the end, we were all just humans.. drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.”

"Groovy Like a Drive In movie"

Sometimes I am Hauntd by the faces of The Relitves I never had a chance to meet. 

Its a strange feeling, to miss people you never met. Its as if you miss what could have been, what should have been. 

Sometimes I think Of all the conversations me and my Great Grandmother could have had. She was an oldfashioned lady, she wore a dress everyday of her life and cooked large meals. She didnt drive, She walked every where she went. And, according to the many story's my father has told me, She was full of spunk. 

On many occasions has my father said " I wish you could have met her, she would have loved you so much." 

Maybe thats what I miss, the love that could of been. She died in the Mid nintys. I wasnt born till later on. But my father has done his best to keep the memory of his grandmother alive. He adored her.

Sometimes members of my family say I remind them of her, not by my looks but by my mannersims. I often think about her, the storys ive been told paints a Beautiful picture of my great Grandmother.

The few pictures we have of her are faded, but they are still beautiful. They all hold forgotten storys, that leave the mind of the living. Year by year memorys fade and storys become harder to tell. 

But the memory of My Great Grandmother, It will never burn out.