Time Actually Heals... | Teen Ink

Time Actually Heals...

By Aarya1 SILVER, New Delhi, Other
Aarya1 SILVER, New Delhi, Other

Hurt me with the truth but never comfort me with a lie

I was born in April of 2000.For eight years I was the only child in a family of 5 members. I lived with my parents and grandparents and was the centre of attraction since I was the only child. In March 2008, my paternal aunt passed away and my first cousins shifted from their home in Dwarka to our house. I didn’t quite know how it would be to have siblings – that too girls! Not only me but my entire family had to adapt to the change they faced in merely a week. It was no joke! Even they did not know how to handle the situation. I am sure my cousins at that time also did not know how to react. Suddenly my small family of five members transformed into a family of 7 members.

It was not an easy task for me as I am a private person who likes his space. Adapting to the change was also difficult for me. The first thing was to share my bedroom. Not the best thing! Also, all my things were now divided into three. I was initially very happy about the change but was now thinking how to bring things back to where they were. I would like to relate one such experience to my readers. As a child I had a habit of listening to stories narrated by my grandmother before going to sleep. Now there were 3 audiences for my grandmothers story telling.

I had heard the phrase “Time is the best healer!” Now after eight years I see us as one big and happy family. I have two elder sisters and while I am 15 years old now but I still continue to be their baby brother. We are very well adjusted now, with most of my friends not even knowing that they are my cousins and not real sisters.

This is my personal story and this has actually happened.