What Exactly Are Fraternal Twins? | Teen Ink

What Exactly Are Fraternal Twins?

By berenk SILVER, Tirana, Other
berenk SILVER, Tirana, Other

“Are you telepathic?”
“Do you have a 6th sense?”
“Do you guys have powers?”

No. The answer is no. Twins are humans too. We don’t have “powers”, or “telepathic communication senses”, or anything like that. Think about it, do you actually think twins are wizards or witches? Probably not. That is why you should treat twins just the same as anyone else. As Jerry Smith says, “I may be a twin, but I’m one of a kind”("WISE OLD SAYINGS"). So what exactly are fraternal twins?

There are two types of twins; fraternal twins, and identical twins. I’m sure many of you know much about identical twins, but what about fraternal twins? As a fraternal twin myself, I have a lot to share about the life of a fraternal twin. To begin with, fraternal twins can not be identical twins. Fraternal twins occur when two eggs are fertilized by two sperm cells, which causes them to not to be identical. But fraternal twins can technically still look alike. Fraternal twins can vary between different genders and same genders, in contrast to identical twins.

There are some things that people can not understand unless they were to be a twin. Some personal experiences are that sometimes you will just feel when the other is in danger or in trouble. It’s just like you feel it, and think about something about the twin. Another experience is sometimes you think or do the same thing at the same time, like using the bathroom or thinking about a topic. Something that happened just a while ago was that my twin and I placed our water bottles in the same place, at the same time. Finally, “Twins have a special bond. They feel safer with each other than with their peers”- Jeanne Philips. ("WISE OLD SAYINGS")

Twins are very used to being together; they can’t really stand to be apart. Some twins can create their own language if they were alone together for a while. A reason why is because “Being a twin is like being born with a best friend”- Tricia Marrapodi ("WISE OLD SAYINGS"). It’s hard to stay apart. Since twins can’t really bare to stay apart, they usually stick together even when something happens. If one stays home, the other wants to as well. That is why you should probably try to let twins stick together, until they learn to part ways slowly, and independently.

Often, people see twins as people with the same opinions. As a result, people see us as the same, but the truth is that we are very different. Yes, we often might think the same, yet our likings are very opposing. One twin might have something they like that the other doesn’t. We often get into fights because of things we like and dislike, which causes lots of drama. As a fraternal twin myself, me and my twin have lots of differences. I love to sing and dance, while she enjoys to play soccer. But we both also love to play basketball.That is why you should never be seeing twins as the same people, because believe me, we are not.

Being a twin can be very difficult.

J-K-Rowling said...
J-K-Rowling, London, Other
shut up sam

G-J-Samuel GOLD, Tirana, Other
I wish I was ur twin :(

Junal BRONZE said...
Junal BRONZE, Tirana, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Keep up the hard work!

berenk SILVER said...
berenk SILVER, Tirana, Other
Editors award!

berenk SILVER said...
berenk SILVER, Tirana, Other
omg this is so good! keep it up!