Parents | Teen Ink

Parents

January 22, 2019
By hunter33 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
hunter33 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

We always get into arguments with our parents mine would be with my mom. My mom will say a bunch of stuff that I don't think is true or its the other way around. Like the time I got twenty dollars. I made a bet with my mom, she thought she was right. Usually my mom doesn't bet on anything, the one time she did I won. Now my mom has influenced my life very much, which has helped me. She teaches me a lot, she always there for me, and she always tries new things.

Now here's where she teaches me first she has to know her facts, which makes me not to think I’m always right. I’m very stubborn for example, I told my mom that turtles can run twenty miles per hour and I was so convinced of this I looked it up and it said they will get lucky if they can run six miles per hour. But there's also another time where my mom can tell me what's wrong and what's a better solution. I have a big yard and we have about forty oak trees picture what that looks like in the fall, I have to rake up all those leaves and that takes a week. My mom found out a better way to rake which I thought would take more time but I did it and it took only a half a week. That's why my mom wants me to be successful because she cares about me and everything I do. Shes already looking at college for me, two years ago she was looking for work for me to do so I could pay for college. And every time I get sick she picks up my school work but this can also be one of her characteristics.

My mom will always be there for me like when I'm sick and she buys me ginger ale. Which we also don't know how much we love our mom until we receive things that are totally useless and we actually do use them. I could say my mom helps me with my homework even though the ones I get help with I usually get wrong but it's the work that counts. That's when I know my mom really tries to help me. On the plus side that's when I know she supports me and my ideas even if they are bad. One time she let me shoot a squirrel off on the bird feeder and I missed then the pellet rickershade and I bet we all can guess what happened next, yeah there was a hole in the window it wasn't a small hole it wasn't a big hole but a huge hole, that hole was the size of a ping-pong ball that lead to my mom not to support my ideas because I can't be trusted with a gun anymore. After this went down I got in an argument saying that it was mom's fault for letting me shoot at the bird feeder which I'm going to be talking about in my next characteristic.

My mom pushes me a lot when it comes to school. One time my mom pushed me off a dock and I hit my head on the end of the dock but I'm not talking about that kind of pushing I’m talking about when she wants me to do good in something. My mom will try and try to get me to work harder and get a better grade but the thing that sucks about that is I can't do anything until I get it done. This year during conferences my mom wanted me to do FFA but I'm already in wrestling and she already had me put a lot of effort into my grades. And she always cooks new things could count at least twenty cookbooks in the house half the time its a dish of some kind of hotdish and it tastes horrible if my mom went on to Gordon Ramsay's show I personally feel that she would cry, but there are some good recipes she does make. For example, her desserts are amazing with this pineapple citrus punch she makes it tastes like something we would get in Hawaii. This also brings up how she wants to always travel to some places. But she only looks at her schedule like last year when she had us go to Disney World in Florida but I couldn't go because I had state wrestling and three baseball games.

But after all of these characteristics there for me, pushing me, and always trying new things my favorite is pushing me because this helps me be a better person and a better worker. This is only some of the thing my mom has influenced my life in, and why I picked her to be my writer is because I spend the most time with her at mom and in the car. This is mostly thought how we get lead up into the arguments that go on forever even if my answer is not the correct one. My mom loves me and puts a roof over my head so I have to make her happy and listen. I didn’t really understand as a kid on how much I needed my mother or how much I love her. But after it all ends we all will feel the same way I feel about my mom.