Eyes | Teen Ink

Eyes

By tenniscourt001 GOLD, Dousman, Wisconsin
tenniscourt001 GOLD, Dousman, Wisconsin

Blue and sparkly. Twinkles like the sun glimmering on the waves of the ocean. When stared into, sounds of splashing waves emerge. My brother, my dad, and I share these eyes. Eyes an endless universe, filled deep with stories and hidden thoughts. They are wild and crazy like leaping lizards. They swirl like I do when I am happy, having hilarious moments with my friends. They fill with stars that shine with happiness. But they also tone down and are quiet at times. They can turn cold and angry like the bitterness of a frostbite in winter.

These eyes are mysterious, but beautiful; shy, but crazy; lost, but settled; sad, but happy; hard-core, but genuinely sweet; wild, but intelligent. They are eyes like a book, filled with stories and emotions, hidden within. They are a world you can get lost in, but also find what you are looking for after a bit of searching. They are a jumble of qualities, most that are unexpected. These eyes are full of surprises. They are happy, hilarious, and hopeful. They are shy, sweet, and sad. They are crazy, creative, and curious.  They are broken, bitter, and brilliant. They are athletic, affectionate, and full of awe. They are us.