Inspiration Overload | Teen Ink

Inspiration Overload

By BroadwayBaby92 GOLD, Punta Gorda, Florida
BroadwayBaby92 GOLD, Punta Gorda, Florida

"Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore."
— Lady Gaga

My thoughts, ideas, inspiration are flowing up and over the sides of my head like a waterfall, cascading out and over, into oblivion. They keep rushing at lightning speed, faster than I can control. My pen can’t move fast enough and neither can my fingers to type. I am exploding on the inside.
Usually, I can talk faster than I type so I’m thinking of just recording all of thoughts out loud. Yet, I would dread the thought of listening to my own voice repeat these ideas over and over.
My life is a ticking time bomb of which I can’t slow down. There is so little time and so many things to experience, enjoy, and accomplish. The photos needed to be taken, stories to be written, poems to be envisioned, paintings to be painted, drawings to be drawn, clothes to be sewn, jewelry to be crafted, pottery to be molded, songs to be sung, ballads to be written, dances to be choreographed, the list is endless!
I feel I have to get these things out of my head before I self-combust! Yet, who has the time? Certainly not me. With my ever-constrained time I hardly have time to get even six hours of sleep let alone try to tackle all of the creative endeavors I wish to accomplish. But at the same time I need to do this, have to do this or my purpose here certainly isn’t necessary. But where to start?
It seems that the moment I start something seemingly brilliant I get ten more ideas of which I start to work on at least three of those, which in turn inspires more ideas and the deadly chain continues.
So far, I’ve started seven novels (each with an amazingly opposite plot and story-line from the last), written three beginning measures to a song without lyrics, I haven’t written in my diary in three months, my original design skirt is fraying because I didn’t have time to hem the edges (which I admit gives it a unique, cool, punkish vibe), and I’ve managed to start (and fail) a blog in which I did not have enough time to devote to it (there goes my aspiration to be the young adult version of Style Rookie’s Tavi).
And yet, I’ve managed to achieve more than I could have ever imagined. In the past I’ve won contests pertaining to essay-writing, poster art, public speaking, tae kwon doe, fencing, writing book reviews, photography, leadership, and more.
Yet, my unquenchable thirst is still lingering. The need to create, inspire, and develop still presses on during my never-ending quest for whatever it is I’m seeking. So, let the thoughts and ideas flow freely. My only hope is to capture, take-hold, and harness some of the magic and inspiration before it’s too late.
And thus ends my rant of an inspiration overload.

I hope people will be inspired to take hold of their creativity and inspiration and channel it into what they really want to do. I often struggle with finding the time to harness all of the ideas running through my mind and by venting my frustrations I hope people can connect with it emotionally so that they can understand they're not alone and that they can do something about it.