When in Doubt, Grab Throttle. | Teen Ink

When in Doubt, Grab Throttle.

By MusicCloud7 SILVER, Kanab, Utah
MusicCloud7 SILVER, Kanab, Utah

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe

My brain awakens and the bite of the cold weather. I can feel the wind rushing past my legs. I can feel the scream of the engine beneath me. I am riding my dirtbike. I rush down the trail, and grab throttle. The motor protests, so I kick it into a higher gear. Suddenly, I'm riding against a canyon wall. When I go faster, I can hear the "BRAAAAAP" echo loudly. My adrenaline starts pumping, and I arrive at a giant, muddy, puddle and stop. What to do? I can slowly find my way through the bushes around, or I can speed through the mud. Maybe crash.

I make my descision. I pop the clutch and speed into the mud. My legs tighten against the seat and I slide up almost onto the bars. My back tire starts to slip and slide. I panic and grab throttle. It straightens the bike out and pulls me out of the puddle... But my bike and I are hella muddy...

But that's ok. Because being on my bike, in my element... it's worth it... Especially when people see that a girl is riding a YZ125. And tearing it up.

Yamaha YZ125. The bike I ride.