When in Doubt, Grab Throttle. | Teen Ink

When in Doubt, Grab Throttle.

December 10, 2010
By MusicCloud7 SILVER, Kanab, Utah
MusicCloud7 SILVER, Kanab, Utah
5 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe


My brain awakens and the bite of the cold weather. I can feel the wind rushing past my legs. I can feel the scream of the engine beneath me. I am riding my dirtbike. I rush down the trail, and grab throttle. The motor protests, so I kick it into a higher gear. Suddenly, I'm riding against a canyon wall. When I go faster, I can hear the "BRAAAAAP" echo loudly. My adrenaline starts pumping, and I arrive at a giant, muddy, puddle and stop. What to do? I can slowly find my way through the bushes around, or I can speed through the mud. Maybe crash.

I make my descision. I pop the clutch and speed into the mud. My legs tighten against the seat and I slide up almost onto the bars. My back tire starts to slip and slide. I panic and grab throttle. It straightens the bike out and pulls me out of the puddle... But my bike and I are hella muddy...

But that's ok. Because being on my bike, in my element... it's worth it... Especially when people see that a girl is riding a YZ125. And tearing it up.

The author's comments:
Yamaha YZ125. The bike I ride.