The Way of Life | Teen Ink

The Way of Life

By AliceAngel DIAMOND, Shreveport, Louisiana
AliceAngel DIAMOND, Shreveport, Louisiana

This brick wall I tried so hard to build, is tumbling down. - Me (AliceAngel)

If drama were vodka, everyone at my school would be drunk. - Chloe, one of my friends.

After school today, i got home and my mom told me and my brother to come into my parents room. So my brother and i are sitting on the bed next to my mom. She says that our 3 dogs escaped from the backyard today. And our dog, Charley, got hit by a car. He didn't make it. That made me cry. It made my mom cry. It made my brother cry. We had only had Charley for about 2 months, and his birthday had been only a few days ago.

That's when i realized this is the way life goes. Everyone dies at some point, and it's always sad. Especially when that person or anI'mal didn't get a chance to live. Charley was only about a year old. Hearing that he was dead made me think about life and how things change everyday, for better or for worse.

For a while now, I've been feeling kind of down, kind of sad, kind of like i want to just disappear. But i don't disappear, or kill myself, or anything. I think it's mostly my friends and the people around me that make me feel this way. Yes, my friends pick on me a bunch because I'm probably really vulnerable. I just realized that the other day. I'm really vulnerable, and i don't want to be. I want to be like my friends. I want to be strong and brave like them. But then i realize that i am. I realize I'm strong because i try not to let people bother me and i try to ignore them. I'm strong because i can keep my emotions mostly in check and keep the words I'm thinking inside my head. I'm brave because of the friends i have. They can be bad influences sometI'mes, but they are mostly good. Cussing can be a problem, but i don't let it get to me. I don't cuss, but there are tI'mes i wish i could cuss without people freaking out about it. I'm sure some of my friends think I'm a goody-two-shoes and that i wouldn't cuss. But in reality, i would. I would probably cuss a lot.

So my friends bug me sometI'mes, and Charley has gone to doggy heaven. I've laughed, I've cried, now i just want something really good to happen.

I hope everyone that reads this will realize that some people hide their emotions and you may not realize it. Whether or not, good things and bad things happen. People still hide their emotions, not matter what's going on around them.