Waiting For Life To Begin | Teen Ink

Waiting For Life To Begin

By Avallon GOLD, Portland, Oregon
Avallon GOLD, Portland, Oregon

We fall down. We get up. We try to hold our head up when life pulls us apart. We fight and we bleed but all we ever need is something to hope for.

We sit around and wait. We wait for things to change, for our lives to begin. We wait for a sign or a piece of friendly advice on where to start. We anticipate, plan and try to change things in our lives that we don't like. We wait to know what our purpose is and when nothing happens, we get anxious. But we forget that while we are waiting and becoming anxious and anticipating, we are forgetting to live in the present. We plan and plan for the future, wondering who we will be? Where will we be? What will we do? And by doing this, we miss out on the most important things that happen in life. And those things happen in the present. The little things that make you laugh and smile, happen right before your eyes. So it is important to find a balance between enjoying the present and planning for the future. I know it's cheesy and people say it all the time, "live in the moment" or "know what you want and go for it." And these are all true. Simple and true. But in reality, finding this balance is a very complex matter. As Walt Disney once said "I am an optimistic person but I am realistic to know life is a complex matter." Well Mr. Disney, I agree with you. And I think a lot of other people would too. Life is a complex matter and we can't sit around and let is pass us by. So, go for it! Honestly, do what you want and take the risk, or you might regret. Life is too short to wake up with regrets so change what you don't like and if you can't change it, change your perspective on it. So there you go. Life is hard, life is complex but it will go on and don't wait around for things to change because before you know it, your life will flash by in an instant and you will have no idea.

Just a piece of inspirational, friendly advice!