Ideal Partner | Teen Ink

Ideal Partner

January 11, 2013
By ArielSbina BRONZE, Pasco, Washington
ArielSbina BRONZE, Pasco, Washington
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever thought about whom you would be spending the rest of your life with? Who you would want to be walking down the aisle and exchange vows with, or who you would want to be around helping raise your children? I bet many of you thought of at least one person. We are all taught to have a certain idea in our minds that we will have a “happy ever after” fairytale with that one charming prince or beautiful princess. You must admit that since Disney was created, we have all imagined our future with hopes of finding that special someone. In all reality, there are many qualities a person must have in order to be the ideal life partner.

Sorry to break it to you, but relationships aren’t formed and maintained based on looks. Personality and morals count too. My ideal life partner requires physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual qualities, but can be difficult to attain because of highly held standards or extremely low standards, which results in heartbreak and disappointment.

Physical qualities are one of the main features that attract us. To several, these are all that matter. To me, the physical qualities capture most of my attention. My ideal life partner would be healthy for their age and have a somewhat sculpted body. I prefer brown hair, but blonde is fine too. They must have a nice, clean smile and brown eyes, with the exception of green hazel. Their height must be at least two inches taller than mine and they need to know how to take care of themselves, such as bathing and brushing their teeth. In other words they have to know how to be independent when needed. I know all of this probably sounds cliché, but in all honesty, these qualities are normal to look for in the physical category, even if they are little too specific. Behind all of these different physical qualities, holds an ideal personality, which includes emotional and mental qualities.

In order to be an ideal life partner, you must have countless emotional and mental qualities. In the emotional category, you must be emotionally available. This means you don’t keep your feelings and thoughts all bundled up. You can express your feelings with your partner openly. My ideal life partner needs to be kindhearted, respectful, genuine, humble, and committed, but most importantly, truthful. This does not mean they can pick and choose when they want to obtain these qualities, they need to keep it within themselves at all times. They need to be able to feel various emotions, such as fear, anger, sadness, compassion, happiness, pain, and many others.

Many assets we all possess help us determine our morals through spiritual qualities. An ideal life partner would have good morals, as in knowing right from wrong, sticking to their word, forgiveness, and gratitude. My ideal life partner would go to church every Sunday to keep in touch with their spiritual qualities and evoke their morals in life. This would ensure me that they would endure a life full of compassion, but have a broad, respectable outlook and sense of morality.

In all honesty, an ideal life partner can be difficult to keep because of people’s standards. Either they’re held too high or they’re made too low. Some people look for numerous qualities in everyone to determine if they’re “the one”. This has its advantages and disadvantages. The more qualities they have that meet up to their standards, the better. But this could be time consuming with most not being able to reach the amount of qualities you want. Many make their standards too low. They settle. Just to say that they have someone to call theirs. Both of these can result in either heartbreak or disappointment.

Ever since we were young, we’ve all been taught to believe that in life there’ll always be a happy ending. That happy ending always included a handsome prince or stunning princess. We dream about the future and the day we’ll meet that certain someone who will change our lives forever. You could create various types of categories to describe your ideal life partner and the standards you hold them to. There are several qualities you could list, but there a four main ones to consider. My ideal life partner needs to obtain physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual qualities in order for me to make a life-long commitment.