Home Alone | Teen Ink

Home Alone MAG

The sky was pitch black, the house was creaking, and I still had four hours until my parents got home. Locked in my parents’ room, I turned on the TV full blast so I wouldn’t hear the creaking house.

I barely heard the phone ring. I picked it up and said, “Hello … hello …?” but there was no response. I knew someone was on the other end. Finally, I hung up. A minute later, the phone rang again; still no one was there. I became more frightened as time passed; the same ­person called five more times.

At this point I didn’t bother picking up, but the ringing continued. To get my mind off this prank caller, I called my friend. She told me not to worry and to turn the phone off. As we talked, I heard someone pull into the driveway. When I peeked out the window, I saw an unfamiliar car.

Thirty minutes passed and the car was still in my driveway. It drove up and down the drive as if aware I was watching. My friend told me to call the cops, but I refused.

Soon the phone calls started again. I heard noises in the background, but I couldn’t tell what they were. I really didn’t want that person to get out of the car and start toward the house. If they did, I didn’t know what I’d do. None of the doors were locked, and I would have no way of protecting myself. The only thing I could do was hide, which wasn’t a very good plan.

At this point I was considering calling the cops, but my friend offered to drive by. “Maybe if they see me pull in, they will leave,” she suggested. By the time she arrived, the car had left. The phone rang again and I picked up, thinking it might be my friend. Someone on the other end said “Bye-bye.”

At that point I wasn’t as scared as curious. Since then I have not stayed home alone and I probably never will.

Wow very scary story!

chunkychucky said...
Very suspensful story. I freaked out when a spider was on me i cant imagine this.

chucky6 said...
This was scary. How could she not call the cops! I am afraid of being home alone too.

scbylvr said...
scbylvr, Littleton, Colorado
Thier are several miss spelled words but it sounds like u were really scared. I have been in a sitiation like that but worse.

I really enjoyed your story! Very powerful writing! It persuaded me to take caution when I am home alone again at night. I love the description you put into this.

wtetfy74 said...
That sounds like a very scary exprience but you should still try be home alone for a little bit

Moi muy muy enjoyed your write. Maybe you can writo better next time. Not scary enough! This happens to almost everyone. Just buy some locks and a bb gun!! seriously!

Moi Out!!!

Nukebomb said...
That is scary. I can't really relate but i have been home alone and it was very scary.

Carmal23 said...
 I can relate to it a lot because that is exactly what i do when I am home alone! I hate that feeling and you described it very well, nice job!

This story has scared me for life! I am never staying home alone at night again. Very powerful writing!

micheal vick said...
This story creaped me out im sorry you had to go through that. Your story was great kept mewanting more

gabe horn said...
Thats crazy if that were me i would have been really scared. then i would've gone ninja on that perve ya

dana02 said...
Nice describtion and what a scary night but nice description hope it never happenes again

the keeper said...
wow! i really get scared for you for a second! this story is really good! i had the same thing that happened to me. i love it.

whoa... this is a very intense story, I love it! you should definatly make another story!

horklespinx said...
That is pretty weird but the same thing hppened to me but it was just people looking for directions.

Skittles said...
Wow. That is scary. Havs the persson ever called again? That story scared me know i do not want to be home alone.

RAWR!! said...
Freaky!!  This is so intense. I got the chills just from the firs paragraph. Great Job!!

WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL THE COPS?????!!!!!!!! I WAS SCARED JUST READING IT!!! THAT WAS REALLY INTENSE

I would of been terrified if I were you. I don't really understand why you didn't call the cops, I would've.