Normal | Teen Ink

Normal

By Vivianuhh BRONZE, Hemet, California
Vivianuhh BRONZE, Hemet, California

I was once in trouble too, just like you, not all of you, but you right there. My heart wept as my face lit with a smile. I know what it's like to be different, not the different everyone wants to be, but the different I was placed under, the different that leads you blind, manipulating your mind to think you're nothing, but pathetic. I use to think it was true and that it was beyond my control, but now I don't care if they stare, I don't feel at war with myself anymore because you know what? It wasn't my fault, it was theirs. The ones who put me under a category before I could even show them my heart. They shaped me into rejection and placed the word 'freak' on my forehead. I see it in the mirror everyday, but I'm just like you, normal, but my own kind of normal, the only normal I know. Don't treat me like I'm differently insane because I am just like you. Normal. And it will always be this way.

I was done with a test in class and I decided to write on an extra paper I had and next thing I know I'be wrote this paragraph. I was just writing what I was thinking in my head. I was bullied most of my life and I always believed what they would call me until I got older and found out I'm really just a regular human being, so I began to build myself up. Even though the scars stay deeply wounded in my heart I've began to see the brighter part of my life.

solemetlunam SILVER, Kyoto, Other

"Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" Buddha

What a great piece of work!  I can really relate to this...