Normal | Teen Ink

Normal

February 12, 2014
By Vivianuhh BRONZE, Hemet, California
Vivianuhh BRONZE, Hemet, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I was once in trouble too, just like you, not all of you, but you right there. My heart wept as my face lit with a smile. I know what it's like to be different, not the different everyone wants to be, but the different I was placed under, the different that leads you blind, manipulating your mind to think you're nothing, but pathetic. I use to think it was true and that it was beyond my control, but now I don't care if they stare, I don't feel at war with myself anymore because you know what? It wasn't my fault, it was theirs. The ones who put me under a category before I could even show them my heart. They shaped me into rejection and placed the word 'freak' on my forehead. I see it in the mirror everyday, but I'm just like you, normal, but my own kind of normal, the only normal I know. Don't treat me like I'm differently insane because I am just like you. Normal. And it will always be this way.


The author's comments:
I was done with a test in class and I decided to write on an extra paper I had and next thing I know I'be wrote this paragraph. I was just writing what I was thinking in my head. I was bullied most of my life and I always believed what they would call me until I got older and found out I'm really just a regular human being, so I began to build myself up. Even though the scars stay deeply wounded in my heart I've began to see the brighter part of my life.