Ordinary Book | Teen Ink

Ordinary Book

By Enzozzi BRONZE, Mayfield Hts., Ohio
Enzozzi BRONZE, Mayfield Hts., Ohio

There she was, curves like the ocean, pulling me in like the waves. She has brown, bouncy hair with a golden ombrè that curled around her black Ray Ban glasses so flawlessly. She would always be holding a book, must be a special one because she NEVER lets anyone see it except her own bright moon eyes. However, that changes today, I took my steps carefully as I crept closer to her to try and snag the book.

“Here it goes.”  I muttered to myself as I leaned in to grab the book, “I got this, I can do it..yeah..okay I got this”. With my sweaty palms, I felt the worn leather of the book and took my chance, but then,
“WHOA” she screamed, “Who the hell are you!?”

“uh, uh, I..I’m Flynn Bonaventura, and you are?” I uttered, as I tried to recover from my dashing opening line of “uh”.

“ Ella Verona, not that you need to know” she snapped, then took a deep breath. “why were you reaching for my journal?” Thankfully, she seemed to be calming down, but now I had to come up with something.

“Oh your journal, yeah.. uh sorry about that Its just..I have a thing for… touching books” what the hell did I just tell this girl, a thing for touching books, and I wonder why I’m single.

“hahahaha touching books, what, like a paper fetish?” as she chuckled, her smile radiated like the sun, I was too busy being in a daze to realize she was totally making fun of my manly hobby, but suddenly  she stopped her giggling with a stern look and checked the book with fragile hands. I could smell the paper with the worn leather as if being stirred together in a stew. A bronze key was drawn between her fingers, she flashed me a corky smirk and locked the book. Then in a blink she stormed off. Vans practically cracking the floor.

Moments later, something amazing happened, due to her sexy stomping, the key found its way to the pale floor.   I cautiously made my way to the bronze key. I brought my tense hand to grab it when suddenly the key glowed and shook as if having a seizure, then, like a bullet, shot down the hall, looking for its home. That’s when it hit me, “Damn, this is no ordinary book”