Survier | Teen Ink

Survier

By Khadija_Naveed BRONZE, Karachi, Other
Khadija_Naveed BRONZE, Karachi, Other

Life is death and you only live once.

31st December 2014, 11:56

***
Her hands were trembling with fear. Even though she had to be thankful for that at least she survived. She turned her head and looked, bed right next to her was removed cause the breathing body lying on that bed stopped breathing this morning.

She was one of those few who are brave enough to survive this cruel world even when they already had a choice to leave.

She is having that choice since she was 14. Her family tried to hide it from her thinking it might hurt her knowing that she is already dying. It didn't hurt her a bit knowing that she was dying.
'Don't be afraid sweetie, we're here for you and will be forever'
'We won't let you go, my princess'

Those were the words of her parents when they told her about her disease. Lymphoblastic Leukaemia.
At her very first visit for chemotherapy she was surprised as every one there in the family waiting room was either hiding their faces or their tears behind forced smiles.

'Everyone is dying here. Everyone. Difference is that I know when I am gonna die and you don't , so stop acting like I am going through a phase you people won't go through. You all are going to die someday but I am lucky enough to know when. And you're sitting here being sympathetic to me. Pity you'.
She didn't knew why but she just spit out what she was holding in for so long.

*
Dying wasn't a big deal for her surviving was. Her survival was causing her pains that death could erase. But still she was living on the hospital bed, for those who live to see her everyday.
*
On her 16th birthday she asked her parents to gift her a diary. She never wrote one before. She was still not actually writing anything. Every mid night she write word SURVIVED under the past date.
***
31st December 2014, 11:56 pm..
Looking back at the last page of her diary, with trembling hands she wrote. 'Survived and still breathing'