About My Name | Teen Ink

About My Name

January 5, 2015
By Griffin Satre BRONZE, West Des Moines, Iowa
Griffin Satre BRONZE, West Des Moines, Iowa
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The dictionary said that my name stood for a very hilarious guy and very sarcastic at times but sweet on the inside and can be immature at times.  It also said my name stood for a half lion half eagle.  A mythical creature.  I think my name is very cool because all my friends make up nicknames that they call me even Mrs. Matthias made a nickname  for me and that is what she called me for the rest of the year it was G money.  My nicknames are Giffy, Graffiti, Gyffin, G Money, and Griff Griff.  If I get in trouble my mom will call me by my full name, that usually means that I am in really big trouble.  If that happens then I know that I will not have any electronics that includes my phone for a long time, or do anything with my friends.  Accept when I need it for school or to tell her where to pick me up after school. 

One day even my neighbor called me by one of my nicknames and he is only  five years old.  I have been called that nickname ever since he called my by that name that one day now his little sister is starting to call me by that nickname.  That name has just stuck with me every year my friends call me that name.  All my friends make up different nicknames for me every year and every new nickname means a new adventure to see what that nickname turns into. 

I agree with what my name says because that is what I am,  I am nice, and I can be immature.  But what I don’t agree with is that it says that it means I am a sweet person.  Or does it mean a romantic person because I am not very romantic.  I guess I can be sweet because I care about everybody and everything.