The power of our passions | Teen Ink

The power of our passions

July 18, 2015
By colorsalive BRONZE, Rabat, Other
colorsalive BRONZE, Rabat, Other
2 articles 4 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
The less you care, the happier you'll be !


During my whole life, my relatives always pushed me to find and discover my own interests. When I was 8 years old, I was often wondering why we have to figure out what we like to do, why is it so important ? Because for me, I considered that we are responsible for the guidelines and the rules we set in our own life, so my curious mind continued to cross-question myself about the advices that our relatives give us.

Then after years of reflection, wonder and curisoty, I was finally able to define the reason for all of this. : our interests and passions define our personnality, they define the way liking so much something can lead us to achieve an incredible work : Passions define who we are.
As well as I discovered that they represent one great force that unlashes creativity, because when you’re passionate about something, then you’re more willing to take risks and to  strongly involve yourself in something.

That way, by understanding what is a passion for the human being I figured out what was mine, and after years of practice and self-involvement I found out that mine is special because it’s a huge world and an endless one. Mine, is the world of Arts. So for almost 8 years I was taken to another world of discovery between deepening my knowledge of visual arts as I’ve been painting for a very long time and increasing my musical abilities, as I’ve been playing the piano for years.

Painting has been an adventure for me, because I’ve spent all these years practicing every week, willingly trying differents ways of painting, gradually discovering the different artistic currents and frequently alternating between abstract expressionism and figurative art, and what explains the fact that I qualify my experience as an adventure, is that I constantly had to find the most ingenious , creative and special way to represent my idea, which became even harder because of the art teacher I had in school who was always pushing me to find something even more harder to imagine so that my creativity is always improved.

But painting is not the only thing inspiring my personnality, I’ve always been attracted to the way music express something : either a feeling, a moment or something which needs to be told by another way than the common speaking one, which explains the fact that I’ve been playing the piano for 7 years. First, I didn’t like it but my sister encouraged me to continue and so I did, and now I can truly confirm that it was one of the best choices of my life because now, I really enjoy everything that I have to do to follow the path of music : the moment I have to carefully choose the piece I want to work on, the piece that I will focus and struggle on for months sometimes, as well as I enjoy the millions of melodies that exist and have the ability to express something powerful and special, to slowly make the person who listens guess what is the main purpose of the melody, the way I can find a small relief of the stressing routine of life by practicing it, and now, I constantly hope that one day I’ll be able to create my own melody because I believe that producing our own work is a step into the pride of a successful musician.

To conclude, I think that my passions led me to the path of creativity, which makes me glad because I think that creativity is something needed in life : we need it to solve a problem in the most better way, to proudly achieve our own work and to always have something new to come up with, and that way, I think I can be grateful to my relatives and clearly understand their wishes for me to find my own interests.
 


The author's comments:

Inspired by our passions, which follow us in the roller coaster that is life.