Sacramento, My Home | Teen Ink

Sacramento, My Home

By UnicornElaine SILVER, Sacramento, California
UnicornElaine SILVER, Sacramento, California

"You have to be fearless to be successful"
-Serena Williams

My home, Sacramento, is full of smiles brighter than the glow of an angel’s halo. The smell of fresh air, just like when you spray febreze into a nicely cleaned house. The sight of red roses in the beautiful rose gardens, Sacramento the city of trees. In the sports team The Kings, they dominate! Sacramento is a place you’ll be guaranteed to meet the undefeated team! Wake up everyday to the warm soft feeling of your fresh, white bed sheets, a welcoming shine of our smiling sun. Then end your day with the twinkling stars that’ll welcome you closed eyes.

Ok, I’ve got to break it to you, Sacramento isn’t all that. We aren’t the best, but we’re also not the worst. We have our awesomeness but we also have our bads, such as, gang violence, it happens depending where you live. Sometimes neighbors party so loud you get two hours of sleep and you’re still forced to wake up at five in the morning for work, or school. At night when the lights are off, and the covers are on the silent fans spinning above a hovering vehicle flies over your house looking for another victim to be added to the place with cells. Sure we have trash cans and recycling bins, but people are lazy and self-centered and throw them around. Parks that were green and full of families are now a littering bin for the careless people. Our sports team? Oh, them? They don’t really dominate however, they have more lost than they do, wins. What is home anymore?

Home is only home if you make it feel like home, don’t take it for granted … ever. Sacramento is a good place for a while until you’ve seen it’s true colors. We are actually low on water, not drinking water. Well that too but just the water in our community, you know, a drought. It’s not a desert yet, it’s getting there. Human trafficking is a big problem here too. In other countries their highways aren’t so close to the towns, but in Sacramento the highways are so close to the towns it’s just so easy to get away with a kid. Also, on your way work be cautious, watch out for that one lady who's in her car yelling for you to hurry it up while the car in front of you should be at fault.

Sacramento, a great place to go sightseeing and throw your unwanted hotdog on the ground! I’m joking, Don’t do it.

Ahhh the expectation of your vacation and the reality. In this article you'll read about the expectation and, sadly, the reality of Sacramento, my home.