Dawn. | Teen Ink

Dawn.

November 3, 2017
By Mira Nehlawi GOLD, Damascus, Other
Mira Nehlawi GOLD, Damascus, Other
13 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We don't live to die we have purpose and meaning, find your purpose."
"Imagination should be used not to escape reality but to create it."


"I miss.. our fights. I miss our fights more than our love moments. damn boy they used to be hella fun, serious, deep & meaningful.


I used to love how they were based on complete honesty, just like the whole relation but we used to be completely honest with our words when we're arguing, despite our feelings. My favorite part was that we were crazy for each other yet each made the other lose his sanity at a point." She was speaking softly, calmly.
"I used to love how at the end we used to figure it out and make up. We always did." Strangely this time he wasn't as cold as the previous meetings.


"We always did?"


"If we had talked it out then i guess we would've found a way to make it work, like always." A sigh escaped his lips. "Maybe we had the right thing at the wrong time." He said looking at her now, his hands in his jacket pockets.


"But it's over now. night." Somehow she called him night.. for a deep unspoken reason. She took a minute, staring at the cold dawn sky, then continued "Trust me when i say, i can feel it when you're having the time of your life with someone else... when your smile is real and your laughs are loud.. 'cause just then i feel a certain ache in my heart, my lungs hurt and it becomes hard to breath, overthink like there's no tomorrow."


"You can sense it? Interesting." His voice was hoarse now
"Yep. What a curse."
"No.. it's a gift. I can't find it in myself to feel the same."
"You won't." By this time he was somehow used to her speaking between the lines and he understood her too well.

"You're making me weak, moonlight."
"Moonlight?"
"It really do fit you when you think about it. Causes no harm, pure, exploits the very little rays the sun offers to set the whole earth on light. Treasures the littlest gifts."


"Mhmmm"


"But but-" he said with a half smile "you might top the moon in something. You don't really need me, you don't need anyone. And that's the thing about you. You're off in your own world... you don't belong to me. You. Don't. Need. Anyone. And that's what makes you special. You've got the sun and the moon inside you"


The author's comments:

The pic above from the book "Three weeks in Paris"