Babe Ruth 1st Season | Teen Ink

Babe Ruth 1st Season

One day at the beginning of fall, I got an e-mail. The e-mail was about me signing up for babe Ruth fall ball. I’ve always wanted to play on that field, the tall fences, 90ft bases and that detailed field. So I signed up, about 2 weeks later I got my team and my schedule for baseball, and had a game Saturday at 9:00 in the morning.

On Saturday I had to wake up at 7:30 to get ready, so I did. We left at about 8:00ish. My mom got a little lost. On the way to the game I got nervous a little, but I was also anxious to do good so I was staying confident. I would do well and play to the fullest. I kept telling my mom “I’m going to do better than everyone”, because my dad always said be confident and you will do well, so that’s what I did.

We finally got to the field and everyone on my team was already there. I met my coach, then me and the team went to the little league field to warm up by playing pitch and catch, so we stud apart about 20ft away and threw the ball back and forth to each other. I saw the kids on my team and I noticed I new a lot of them which was good.

When it was time to start the game the queasiness went away and I started to play the game. Inning after inning the coach put me at left field, I didn’t really mind it after the first couple innings I got use to it. In the second inning I finnaly got up to bat I was so anxious to hit the ball, when the first came pitch I swung as hard as I could “STRIKE” called the umpire behind me. The next pitch I didn’t swing at because the ball almost hit me so the umpire said it was a ball, the next pitch was right down the middle, I nailed it into the gap between left and center field, I ran to first base and I stayed there. The next couple of pitches I stole second and ran to third. The next pitch was a past ball and I ran as fast as I could to score the first point, and I did! Everyone started cheering for me and I put one fist up in the air it was really amazing to score the 1st point of the game.

The last couple innings I ended up scoring four points and I also ended up scoring the last point and the winning point of the great game I was having. After the game I went to the concession stand and on the way to the car all of my team mates said good job to me. My coach came up to me and said you did well today; which to me was a pleasure to me to have him say that. But out of all the people that said I did well, my mom was the most proud one.

On my way home I was thinking on the pros and cons. I tried hard that day to succeed, and prove to myself I could do well. I also showed everyone I was good and I could do it. I called my dad when I was close to home and told him all about the game, he was really proud of me. The second I got home I rode my bike to my friend’s house and told him step by step about my game. I guess that’s what you have to do if you want to do well you just have to try and you will succeed!