Teens are not trusted | Teen Ink

Teens are not trusted

September 13, 2009
By iluv2write BRONZE, Mpls, Minnesota
iluv2write BRONZE, Mpls, Minnesota
4 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game


Teens are not trusted at all or considered part of the community. All people think of teenagers is that we are bad kids looking to cause trouble. I mean think of it how many times have you been discrimanated against just because you're a teenager? If you've had enough think of something to do about it and take action! Remember one person can change the future!

The author's comments:
We were talking about it in health class and i thought if i posted something on the web for teens to see they'd see realize it's happening(If they didn't already know) and encourage them to take action. I hope teens will stand up and figure out how to stop it from happening.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 14 comments.


KatsK DIAMOND said...
on Mar. 11 2012 at 3:59 pm
KatsK DIAMOND, Saint Paul, Minnesota
57 articles 0 photos 301 comments

Favorite Quote:
Being inexhaustible, life and nature are a constant stimulus for a creative mind.
~Hans Hofmann
You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
~Ray Bradbury

I agree. Yesterday, my aunt wouldn't let us go off in our own when we were in minneapolis, even though we didn't need to be with an adult, and for some unknown reason she didn't trust us. BTW, I live in the twin cities as well, iluv2write!

on Jan. 27 2012 at 5:32 pm
RealisticWoman BRONZE, Nowhere Land, Alabama
2 articles 0 photos 16 comments
It is because of the actions of some unruly teens that we all are painted with the mark of those actions. People have a tendency to be able to remember the one bad thing out of all the good things that someone does and it scars them as that one thing that ruins it all. It is just programed for us to think like this because of the way humans are in our society. And yes, we all eventually learn from our mistakes and some are just having fun right now. Well said comment, I-Passion.

on Jul. 2 2011 at 5:58 pm
Autumn-Rain SILVER, West Lafayette, Indiana
9 articles 1 photo 74 comments
I agree that it's annoying and unfair. But store and restaurants can't really tell who are " the good kids" and who are " the bad kids". So they have to ban everyone...

on Jul. 16 2010 at 2:18 pm
tianaxbiddy SILVER, Wareham, Massachusetts
9 articles 0 photos 48 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Plot is character revealed by action."




-Aristotle

i agree. i almost got arrested for walking home. when i asked the police officer he didnt have an answer but i lookd supicous. i askd if it was because i was a teenager and he surprisingly said yes. idk how to stop this but this has a=happened a lot to me in the pst 2 or 3 yrs.

on Jun. 25 2010 at 11:24 am
I-Passion BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Dont Judge by it book cover
Action Speaks louder then Words

I totally argee, adults always think teens are unpredictable and we do a lot of things that they never did.

Sometime i think of it as a family relationship. Depnding on we were rasie but then i sometime understand the adults point.

Eventually the teens will learn their mistake it part of life that where we pick up our wrong doings and try to fix it up.

Teens are just having fun right now, they'll learn not but pretty soon.

I like where you are coming with this topic.


chihuahuaman said...
on May. 21 2010 at 12:45 pm
ikr!!!! people are always screwing things up for us the good kids!! its gotten to the point at my school were they acuse everyone of doing something. its so unfair!! and they wonder why kids shoot people?

luvdance said...
on May. 10 2010 at 9:06 am
Omg i kno! every other wednesday we have a minimum day and everybody goes out to eat around at all the restraunts near my jr high and somoe kids would go to this target and steal stuff and so they got in trouble but the staff took away the privelage of all jr high students from going into target without an adult with them. just because a couple kids are stupid and steal doesn't mean we are all like that!!!

on Feb. 22 2010 at 10:05 am
ThatGirl.. GOLD, New Delhi, Other
10 articles 0 photos 38 comments

Favorite Quote:
Those people who say they know everything.annoy those of us who do..!

i agree wid you completely...n am happy to see there are people there who think like me..!!

on Jan. 22 2010 at 6:34 pm
alayapoetgirl BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri
4 articles 0 photos 92 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is hard; but it's harder if you're stupid. -John Wayne

I DO NOT agree that teens are as strongly discriminated against as you explain in this article. Howerver, you do make a point, people do stereotype

on Nov. 10 2009 at 5:46 pm
iluv2write BRONZE, Mpls, Minnesota
4 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game

thanks BunniComixArtist. You have blue and purple hair i wanted to do that but mom said i couldn't.

on Nov. 10 2009 at 5:43 pm
iluv2write BRONZE, Mpls, Minnesota
4 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game

I know Arturina those teens are the ones that will become sucessful and will make sure our world doen't crash and burn when it is our turn to inherit it.

on Nov. 4 2009 at 8:59 pm
AlexHeller DIAMOND, San Mateo, California
60 articles 2 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -Mary Anne Rabmacher

i totally know where you're coming from, i feel exactly the same way.

even i, who is a teen, discriminate against other teens without even realizing it at the time.

im afraid of other teengaers (ones who are a lot older than me) and have the stereotype other people see when the look at us...

i think that they are up to no good, even if they're just hanging out.

the same thing has happened to me, im just hanging out with my friend(s) and adults give us wierd looks and point at us.

but hey, i live in san franisco, and when you have blue and purple hair like i do, its hard NOT to attract attention. :)

congrats on your article winning #1 :) mine is #3 lol

comment on it if you have a chance :)

on Nov. 4 2009 at 6:42 pm
BeckoningLovely GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
15 articles 1 photo 106 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I think our favorite quotes say more about us than the people we are quoting," John Green

I know, and if I act good and stuff, they treat you like a kid! Can we have a compromise, like be treated like an adult but not discriminated? Thank you!

Violeh BRONZE said...
on Sep. 29 2009 at 12:11 am
Violeh BRONZE, Tempe, Arizona
3 articles 0 photos 7 comments
I hate how adults always assume all teenagers are bad but i guess lots of them can't fool anyone otherwise because they actually are bad. i give credit to those who present them selves well and are mature to get their opinion heard by adults.