Why I Don't Like Justin Bieber | Teen Ink

Why I Don't Like Justin Bieber

By Wordgasm GOLD, Kingfield, Maine
Wordgasm GOLD, Kingfield, Maine

If it was a unicorn it would have gored you.

Justin Bieber, the iconic Canadian teen pop star. Cause of so many swishy, bowl-like haircuts in North America and beyond. Writer of such deep, thought provoking lyrics as “Baby, baby, baby, oh-Like baby, baby, baby, no-Like baby, baby, baby, oh” Player of millions of girls across America. He has come to rule our nation, seemingly overnight.

You can probably tell by now, I really, really, don’t like him. But that isn’t to say I don’t respect him. I do respect him, because I have to. A guy who can cause millions of girls to fall in love with him, simply by singing shallow songs in a high, girly voice, deserves our respect. A guy who can maintain his image of a ladies man, while claiming that his favorite color and animal are purple and dolphins respectively, deserves our respect. A guy who was born with an innate musical ability, and taught himself to play multiple instruments, deserves our respect. And so, as much as it pains my cynical, world-hating self to do so, I respect Justin Bieber.

However, as I said before, I really, really, don’t like him. I am someone who values individualism and self-expression over all else, and so everything I hate is embodied by Justin Bieber. He is a corporate image, a puppet used to make money. He has allowed himself to be molded, from a respectable, ten year old street busker from a lower middle-class family, into a pop culture drone. He is no longer his own person, but an object, manipulated and changed by the wants of the public. He spends too much time on his hair, and others spend to much time on his image.

Anyone can see that he loves what he does. He really enjoys making music and performing, a passion which I share and respect. But, anyone can also see that he is crippling our countries youth. By spreading his message of consumerism and fitting-in, he is completely reversing the 70’s. It used to be that music was about breaking from the norm, and being your own person. Now music defines the norm, putting down anyone who defies it, and Bieber is a shining example of this.

But some part of me still respects him even for this. After all, he has played the system. Used the droning masses to build himself an empire. He herded the flock of sheep that is America’s youth, and used them to drive the motor of his success.

Lauren_Young14 BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia

"I would not only like to thank God, but also Jesus" - Justin Drew Bieber

I do respect your opinion, because everyone should be able to have their own. Although, i disagree totally. Justin is flowing with talent, he is his own person completely. His music does teach people to be individual, to believe in themselves, and to never give up on their dreams. Thats what he conveys on a day-to-day basis. The media explodes all of his tiny moves into a storm of lies and hate. If you want to have a true and valid opinion on something you have to look at it from both angles. Not just the media, and not just his fans. You can't judge something that you are not educated on. That makes you worse than anything, and that is why our society today is in ruins. 

thatoneawkwardgirl BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri
I can understand how you can think that he is shallow, but he isnt. i dont think he planed on being discovered on Youtube. And it is just a hair cut, so it doesnt really matter what his hair was like. also he cant control how his voice sounds.    But then again, im a Belieber.

Jess15 said...
I can't stand Justin Bieber!!! I do not, nor will I ever have Bieber Fever! He is so overrated. He disgusts me.

AngelBaby94 GOLD, Kingston, Tennessee

An Eye For An Eye Will Only Make The World Blind

Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.- Maya Angelou

Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with deeper meaning. Maya Angelou

I love it! :)

.king. SILVER said...
.king. SILVER, Yeux Bien Tres Bien, Other

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

As much fame Justin has, I think many peolpe say wat they don't like about him, than wat they like about him. I like that he's happy for himself. But I'm quite annoyed by girlish looking boys nowadays. He could change some stuff about him, leave some stuff behind, not a teen anymore. I'm sorry for many dislikes about him, but I am with the dislikes.

Wordgasm GOLD said...
Wordgasm GOLD, Kingfield, Maine

Hey guys, this artticle has 400 views... and 9 ratings? please rate!!! Whether you loved it or hated it please please please rate and let me know!! :) thanks :)

Wordgasm GOLD said...
Wordgasm GOLD, Kingfield, Maine

Love the name :) I'm glad to hear that you have experienced the revalation which millions of teenage girls will experience within the next couple years :p And, it's true... You have to respect the dude for it. I'll respect anyone who can pull that off :) glad to hear you liked it :)

Wordgasm GOLD said...
Wordgasm GOLD, Kingfield, Maine

If I knew who Cody Simpson was... I might agree with you :)

Wordgasm GOLD said...
Wordgasm GOLD, Kingfield, Maine

:) thanks

flyingpinkgiraffes, Chardon, Ohio
love the sarcasism! :-)

classicme BRONZE, Dumont, New Jersey

"Dont cry because it's over, smile because it happened."-Dr. Seuss
"Behind every successful man, is a surprised woman."-A
"Brilliant brunette with many blonde moments."-A

I think this is so true :P lol

Cody Simpson is better than Justin Bieber !

silence-is-loud GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY, STING LIKE A BEE- MUHAMMID ALI

I used to like Justin Bieber... but i dont know, he just got old to me quickly. I love the part when you said, " A guy who can cause millions of girls to fall in love with him, simply by singing shallow songs in a high, girly voice, deserves our respect." thats hilarious! :)