Why I Love Being Mediocre | Teen Ink

Why I Love Being Mediocre

December 30, 2018
By Soup1039 PLATINUM, Christiana, Pennsylvania
Soup1039 PLATINUM, Christiana, Pennsylvania
31 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
-Marilyn Monroe


There is something about being special, and recognized, that makes everyone light up with joy. At one point or another, we’ve all wanted to be a celebrity, somebody special and valued, or someone who’s easily recognizable. I’ve had that dream many times, but I’ve learned to love being mediocre, and just enjoy not being special.

I want to live a life that means something, that can do something better for the world. I live by my own motto “I love living, and I live loving.” When I go somewhere, or return to my daily routine, I always try to make five people’s days better. Whether it would be saying ‘hello,’ and ‘how are you,’ or just helping them with something simple, I try to make their life better. I probably won’t be recognized for my actions, won’t ever be on the news for being kind, or get a thank you in return, but I’m okay with that. I’m ok with being someone mediocre who does the little things. I just hope that I can make their day a little more enjoyable, because everyone’s fighting a battle I know nothing about, and I want to help them win.