You & Me | Teen Ink

You & Me

By bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan
bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan

You were born an origanal why die a copy?The secret to success is the consistency to pursue.To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.To receive the right answer,you must ask the right question.Don't worry be happy! :)

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

Isn't it so sad when you see an old friend and their whole personality and outlook on life has changed...and not for the good. Well that's what inspired me for this poem...I hope you enjoyed it

Summer500 SILVER, Ocala, Florida
true that, great writing!

I'm glad that's what I try to do with my poems:) a poems no good if it's not relatable

Awe I'm sry:(

It rly is the worst when that happens to a friendship but i hope the best for u n ur friend;) maybe he'll realize how he's changed n make it right:)

PunkRockLobster GOLD, Manhattan, Kansas

Carpe diem quam minime credula postero (Seize the day, trusting as little as possible in the future)
And if not now, when?

I really related to this poem...I have a friend exactly like that....he used to be like a brother to me, sweet and nice and caring. But now he's some tail - chasing jerk according to everyone else.

I just hope that I won't find out the same way that all the other girls did. That they were right.....

Summer500 SILVER, Ocala, Florida
exactly what im going through, you described it perfectly

I'm really glad you can relate to the poem:) my main goal is to be able to touch people's lives through poetry so thanx for ur comment

Thank you so much:)

lol honestly i never kno how to classify my poems lol all I kno is they aren't free verse but what are they?lol

Awe I'm rly sorry about ur friend.

But I'm glad the poem touched you:)

Thanx for ur opinion

i rly appreciate hearing how pple think whether they like my poem r not

I used the word tarnished because metal tarnishes and gold is a metal n i said "when you once had a heart of gold"

But thanx for ur opinion:)

Gina Porto BRONZE, Hoffman Estates, Illinois
I really liked this poem because alot of people have related to losing friends that have changed in a certain way. This poem can really relate to me because I have lost many friends too by the way they have changed.

literaryaddict PLATINUM, Albuquerque, New Mexico

"We're almost there and no where near it. All that matters is that we're going." Lorelai Gilmore, Gilmore Girls
"The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound." Lady Bracknell, The Importance of Being Earnest, Oscar Wilde

this was such an awesome poem. i loved the flow and rhyme. not sure if it's a sonnet, but i think you did an amazing job regardless. please check out my work

BrittneyLynn BRONZE, W. Richland, Washington

"One who saves another, has saved the entire world."

Reminded me of my friend who died last summer of a drug overdose....it was very sad that such a great person could get sucked into such aweful things.

DeadlyPoppy PLATINUM, Chehalis, Washington

"Is mayonnaise an instrument?" -Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

It was a very touching poem, but some of the words didn't quite flow, in my opinion. The word tarnished, specifically jumped out at me, and it didn't seem to fit. Other than that it was really good!

thank you so much:) ur comment was rly encouraging to me:) i love knowin i am making a difference n not just hopin it so thank u so much:) it rly touched me:)

Awe thank u sooo much:))

I'm not quite sure what u mean...could u plz elaborate?

qtalli03 said...
This poem is just amazing! I can relate to this so much. It's like you are reading my mind. It's awesome how much a poem can really touch you. I read in one of your comments that your goal is to make a difference in people's lives by your writing, and I am pretty sure that you will accomplish that, especially from this poem! Your word choice was really great!

hayli:) BRONZE said...
hayli:) BRONZE, Vidor, Texas
This is absolutly amazing.. poems can't get much better than this.

Patricio said...
Poetry is not simple, quite bewildering. Continue to try and be apprehensive of your thoughts.

Kat127 SILVER said...
Kat127 SILVER, East Northport, New York

"Sometimes you have to let people go, in order to realize how much you love them"

This is exactly how i feel right now.My friend has changed so much and i feel like hes gone forever now.This was really great