You & Me | Teen Ink

You & Me

By bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan
bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan

You were born an origanal why die a copy?The secret to success is the consistency to pursue.To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.To receive the right answer,you must ask the right question.Don't worry be happy! :)

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

Isn't it so sad when you see an old friend and their whole personality and outlook on life has changed...and not for the good. Well that's what inspired me for this poem...I hope you enjoyed it

Awe thanx:)

I'm glad my poem meant something to you:)

I'm sorry about your friiend tho...it's so hard to keep a good friendship when someones moved

i'm glad lol i try to make my poems understandable!lol;)

Awe thanx:)

don't tear up too much lol

G.M.Palacio SILVER, Bayamon, Other

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decide to see beyond the imperfections.

I can completely relate to this. I miss my friend dearly since he moved. But he's changed. This poem has summed up pretty much whole relationship with since he moved. Truly wonderful.

HanaMizz14 GOLD, Auburn, Washington

Be happy because you'll never know when an EMT will be listening to your heart not beat.

Wow, i completely understand that.

kiwi12 PLATINUM, Austin, Texas
SO moving! you are amazingly talented. it makes me want to cry. (the poem.)

Jacee007 GOLD said...
Jacee007 GOLD, Westland, Michigan

Today is the Tomorrow you were worrying about Yesterday. The journey of a lifetime begins with one single step. Negativity is the downfall of dreams. It's not the quantity of friends that matters it's the quality.

wow very moving

you should submit some work:)

Thank you very much:)

My poems always mean more to me when people can relate...my whole purpose behind writing is to make a difference in lives whether its one life or one thousand...so I'm glad that you enjoyed my poem:D

jimmy_a GOLD said...
jimmy_a GOLD, Sanford, North Carolina

Look for me, not with a flashlight but open your heart n free your soul n there my love i shall be

what a great poem its really deep i can def relate really gud job!

thanx:) i try to translate my emotions into words to so my poems have true meaningful feelings and i glad you could see that:)

Thank you so much!

Your opinion is very encouraging:)

It always makes me feel so wonderful to know that what I write can touch someone!

Thank you again:) I'll def read n rate ur work:)

Robkingett PLATINUM, Tallahassee, Florida

When I was little they called me a liar, but now I'm grown up, they call me a writer.

I seriously have no idea why this poem was not published elsewhere! Oh my god! This poem touched me ever so much! I can imagine why so many people would relate to this! This poem was the best I have read all day. Kudos to you

GreenIvy BRONZE, Queen Creek, Arizona
wow the feelings you used have a very strong meaning. I really enjoyed that. keep up the great work!

AmnyR BRONZE said...
AmnyR BRONZE, Clifton, Texas

To the world, you may be just one person, but to one person, you may be the whole world. ~unknown

no problem, read mine and vote on it if you get a chance!

I love to hear peoples opinions thanx for commenting:))

I'm so glad pple can relate to my poem

thank you for ur comment:)

Thank u so much i appreciate ur comment:))

xenon333 PLATINUM, Billerica, Massachusetts
so simple, but yet, so powerful.

AmnyR BRONZE said...
AmnyR BRONZE, Clifton, Texas

i can totally relate, and beautifully written!