I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson | Teen Ink

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

By Tarah18 PLATINUM, Brockton, Massachusetts
Tarah18 PLATINUM, Brockton, Massachusetts

"If a man can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl he simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves."
~Albert Einstein

If I could give this book 100 stars I would. This book had me laughing, crying and pulling out my hair but in the end it left me floored. I'm not a very fast reader but I tore through this book in 3 days and for those 3 momentous days Jandy Nelson had me hanging by a thread. I was standing on a tight rope high above the world and I didn't notice how utterly involved I was with this book until I finished it and saw the gaping hole left in my body. Because this book right here had become part of me and when it ended that part of me went away. But it didn't leave me incomplete, if anything this book made me even more whole. If you like anything by John Green or David Levithan you will fall in love with I'll Give You The Sun. You will fall in love with NoahandJude and every single character in this book, that I will not name in fear of spoiling the plot, and then you will fall un-in love with them and want to throw every character out the window. Then as the book proceeds you will realize that you cannot live without all these characters and you will jump out the window to go save them. I would recommend this book to anyone with feelings but I will warn you, be careful, this book has a way of taking over your life.